Ibotta is seeking an Accounting Manager to join our innovative team and contribute to our mission to Make Every Purchase Rewarding. The Accounting Manager is responsible for oversight of the monthly close, annual financial statement preparation and audit, tax, equity and debt accounting along with overseeing the supporting team. The ideal candidate has proven performance as an Accounting Manager and experience with public companies, scaling processes and has worked in a high growth environment implementing controls and establishing formal procedures in accordance with PCAOB and U.S. GAAP.
What you will be doing:
- Embrace and uphold Ibotta’s Core Values: Integrity, Boldness, Ownership, Teamwork, Transparency & Advocate for Savers
- Work closely with the Controller to manage the accounting department and processes to ensure timely and accurate financial statement close.
- Responsible for oversight of monthly accounting entries and other close procedures, including quarterly and annual reviews and adjustments, balance sheet reconciliations, and flux analysis.
- Responsible for overseeing monthly equity accounting and equity cap table.
- Implement robust financial policies, procedures, and internal controls to public company standards.
- Prepare timely and accurate financial statements and monthly cash flow for distribution to Senior Leadership Team and external investors.
- Lead the preparation of year-end financial statements and footnotes, annual audit with Big-4 firm, and additional ad-hoc state and federal compliance audits.
- Manage the preparation and filing of State and Local Tax (SALT), income tax returns and related risks for new product developments, operating geographies and business verticals.
- Interface with various external business professionals including tax professionals, 409A valuation firm, law firms, etc.
- Oversee revenue accounting and ensure compliance of new revenue streams and contracts in accordance with ASC 606.
- Lead monthly PL and BS fluctuation review meetings with FP&A providing insight to unusual items.
- Work closely with FP&A to provide reporting and support as needed.
- Provide technical guidance surrounding changes in business and upcoming accounting regulations.
- Work cross functionally to improve manual processes and shorten close cycles.
- Establish and maintain strong working relationship with management and staff identifying and developing solutions to a full-range of business issues.
- Advise team and management regarding the handling of non-routine transactions.
- Develop, manage, mentor, and build a high-performing team that takes a collaborative approach to produce exceptional results.
What we are looking for:
- Technical Skills: G Suite, Intermediate excel, NetSuite experience preferred
- 5-7+ years of overall general accounting experience inclusive of significant experience managing people and elements of the accounting function
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, CPA required. Deep understanding of U.S. GAAP
- Strong analytical skills, accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to work in a dynamic and changing environment
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to effectively lead and influence staff across all levels, functions and external constituencies
Built in Denver, CO, Ibotta ("I bought a...") is a free mobile shopping app that gives users cash back on groceries and more. Through our partnerships with brands and retailers like Procter & Gamble, Kraft Heinz, Kellogg, Amazon, Walmart, Target and Uber, we’ve delivered over $800 million in cumulative cash rewards to our Savers. Guided by our values and our mission to make every purchase rewarding, we come to work energized by the business problems we get to solve, the technology we get to build, and the people we get to innovate (and have fun) with. Ibotta made Inc.’s 2020 list of the 5000 fastest-growing private companies in the U.S. for the third consecutive year. In 2019, we became the first mobile consumer technology company in Colorado to achieve $1B in valuation.
- This position is located in Denver, CO and includes competitive pay, flexible time off, benefits package (including medical, dental, vision), Lifestyle Spending Account, 401k match, profit sharing and equity.
- Base compensation range: $90,000-$105,000. Total compensation for this role also includes a variable component in addition to base compensation.
- Ibotta is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Ibotta’s employment decisions are made without regard with race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.
- For the security of our employees and the business, all employees are responsible for the secure handling of data in accordance with our security policies, identifying and reporting phishing attempts, as well as reporting security incidents to the proper channels.