Accounting Manager at Hotel Engine
Hotel Engine – Accounting Manager
About the Company:
Hotel Engine is a Denver-based, high-growth travel tech company that focuses on one goal — to make lodging management easier for businesses. We have customized hotel reservation and management solutions built for the control, transparency, billing, and support needs of both large and small companies. Our team is made up of technology fanatics and hotel industry aficionados whose sole purpose is to make booking hotels for business better — all the while providing rates that are up to 60% less than public rates.
About the Role: We are searching for a highly motivated individual to lead 2-3 direct reports and be the right-hand to the Controller. This position has high visibility and interaction with various departments throughout the company. We are fast-paced, high-growth startup, which means we build processes, solve problems, and manage competing high priorities daily.
What you’ll be doing:
- As the right-hand person to the Controller, you will have a large impact on accounting operations and the monthly close at Hotel Engine.
- Manage and execute a 4-5 day close, including reconciling certain balance sheet accounts and posting related journal entries.
- Work with large data sets in monthly reconciliations and daily operations.
- Assist in preparation of monthly, quarterly, and annual financial statements.
- Provide explanations for P&L and balance sheet monthly variances.
- Identify and lead process improvements, optimization of NetSuite, and company workflow.
- Assist in creation of control environment, including identification and implementation of risk-based controls throughout various accounting functions.
- Perform technical accounting analyses over various transactions and accounts.
- Assist with audits, compliance, and tax-related activities.
- Work on special projects and prepare ad-hoc financial reports and analyses as necessary.
- Coach, inspire, and lead accounting team by setting the example.
- Maintain a tenacious and optimistic work ethic. Enjoy the hustle.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- Minimum of 4 years of experience
- At least 2 years of experience in a public accounting firm, with at least 1 year at senior-level or higher
- At least 2 years of experience in private/corporate accounting.
- Experience leading or processing payroll is an extreme plus.
- Highly advanced user of Excel
- Netsuite experience a plus
- Self-starter: ability to resolve issues independently with minimal supervision
What we provide:
- Many opportunities to make an impact
- Unlimited Vacation
- 2 paid days for volunteer time
- Stocked kitchen with fruit and snacks (however, currently working from home through Covid)
- Competitive medical, dental, and vision insurance plans
- Paid gym membership, discounted wireless plans
- Company sponsored events, holiday parties, and volunteer opportunities