Accounting Manager at EverCommerce
EverCommerce is seeking an two Accounting Managers to join our growing Finance team; one that is GL/AP focused and the over that is Revenue focused. The following description is for our GL/AP role but you can review our Revenue role here: https://evercommerce.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=398
You are comfortable in a high-energy, fast-paced environment with shifting demands and effectively prioritize the requirements of competing projects. You are willing and able to dive into the details with your staff to develop operational solutions for P2P scenarios and are able to pull yourself out of the details to summarize for communication to senior leadership. You communicate effectively up and down the chain of command to ensure that you understand entity-wide strategic priorities, how your team’s mission fits into that plan, and to ensure that your team is executing effectively and efficiently. You take ownership of your work and that of your team, and self-correct when necessary to get back on track.
Evercommerce is bringing together best-of-breed commerce solutions in the service sector, forming one service commerce platform that improves go-to-market strategy for technology companies and simplifies the software-buying process for business owners.
Our team has extensive expertise in business operations, management, legal, finance, accounting, technology human resources, marketing and sales that, via the EverCommerce platform, we provide as a service to drive continued growth and success for growing service commerce companies. Our ecosystem enables companies to thrive in an environment of shared knowledge and resources with significant cost savings.
EverCommerce is currently located in Denver’s RiNo Arts District, walking distance from the 18th & Blake light rail station. Our collaborative, open-plan office space is filled with high-energy, talented people who enjoy our weekly lunches, dog-friendly environment and hanging with co-workers.
COVID-19 Update: The EverCommerce team is currently working from home through the end of the year.
- Manage a team of 2-4 staff ensuring their work is complete and accurate as well as ensuring they are continuing to develop as expected
- Own everything to do with Accounts Payable including reviewing and approving bills, 1099s, vendor master and related projects
- Lead systems implementations as needed to automate processes
- Continually lead process improvement as well as implementing controls across the processes to ensure quality financials
- Manage monthly close and reporting process and drive continuous improvements in reporting quality and insights
- Ensure close deadlines are maintained and provide regular updates to your manager as to status of close and projects and any issues or concerns discovered
- Maintain various account reconciliations to ensure accuracy and consistency of assigned general ledger accounts.
- Prepare or review month-end journal entries related to applicable accounts
- Work closely with the Finance team to perform monthly trend analysis and analytical reviews as part of our monthly close process
- Work cross-functionally with key stakeholders and other team members spread across multiple office locations
- Participate in investigation of any new accounting standards, impact on the Company, adoption of standard and implementation of any processes or controls needed as a result
- Be a lead participant in any acquisition integration including taking over processes and conforming them with Company processes and controls
- 4-5+ years of accounting experience
- BS/BA degree in Accounting, CPA preferred
- Experience with integrating acquisitions
- Experience with managing AP and understanding of the P2P process
- Strong understanding of month-end and year-end close processes
- Expert knowledge of US GAAP standards
- Strong organizational, project management and interpersonal skills
- Excellent attention to detail, writing and communication skills
Nice to Haves:
- Mix of public and private experience related to M&A
- Experience with mid-size ERP software
Benefits & Perks:
- Competitive salary
- Robust medical benefits & 401(k)
- Public transportation reimbursement
- Gym stipend
- Start with 17 vacation days plus your birthday off
- Snacks, lunches, and happy hours
EverCommerce is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. If you are looking for a company that is truly focused on empowering small businesses with superior technology, come join a company that rewards authenticity and supports energy with a passion.