Accounting Manager at FoodMaven
We’re changing the way people think about food. At FoodMaven, our vision is to see all food used…with good purpose. Our mission is to capture and create a market for food otherwise lost in the food system with positive impacts for profits, people, and the planet. FoodMaven sells high-quality local, oversupplied and out of spec food from distributors, manufacturers and producers to restaurants and institutional kitchens at a significant discount.
FoodMaven is committed to our mission and vision, working to create a better food system and fostering a fun and passionate work culture. We work hard, and have a great time doing it!
FoodMaven is seeking an Accounting Manager who is interested in getting in on the ground level of an exciting startup with a big mission. The Accounting Manager will work with a dynamic team that is highly motivated to create an industry leader as the company executes its growth strategy.
This role will report to the Controller with close relationships with the accounting and operations teams and is based in the Denver office.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Review of monthly transactions through detailed analysis of GL accounts
- GL accounting and monthly reconciliations of balance sheet accounts
- Assist with cash management and vendor relationships
- Prepare schedules for annual audit, and assist in management of audit process
- Support for staff accountants
- Accounts receivable analysis and reconciliation, working closely with the sales team
- Maintain capital lease and note payable schedules, operating lease schedules
- Analysis of financial statements, with emphasis on identifying issues, and building a narrative for the monthly results
- Support for integration of acquired entities
- Other projects and analysis as identified
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required:
- Minimum four-year degree in Accounting
- 1-3 years of accounting experience
- Analytical with strong oral and writing presentation skills
- Detailed and results oriented with excellent accuracy
- Proficient with Excel
- Attention to detail, analytical, ability to identify problems and propose solutions
- Ability to work in a rapid growth and fast paced environment
- Ability to collaborate with all levels of the organization
- Ability to take leadership and drive continuous improvement
- Experience with Acumatica
- Public accounting experience
- Experience with general ledger functions and financial close process
FoodMaven provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.