Accounting Manager at Guild Education
Guild is hiring for an Accounting Manager to join our tight-knit Accounting and Finance team. In this role you manage the performance of all accounting transactions and systems to ensure the company’s accounting infrastructure and reporting is built on a solid foundation of scalability, integrity, and accuracy to support our rapidly growing business.
As an Accounting Manager, you will:
- Report to Guild’s Director of Accounting, Charity Long
- Ensure critical accounting processes are effectively, accurately and efficiently completed to support our business and teams
- Maintain financial accounting under GAAP accounting standards
- Hire, mentor and coach a team of accountants to develop new and existing talent and build a highly effective results-driven team
- Oversee revenue accounting including (1) reviewing and distributing invoices to Guild’s academic and corporate partners; partnering cross-functionally to understand contracts and timelines, (2) revenue recognition under ASC606 standards (3) ensuring cash received is reconciled against outstanding invoices
- Supervise all aspects of A/P ensuring payments for employee reimbursements and vendors are timely and accurate
- Review bi-weekly payroll, in coordination between accounting and other departments, to guarantee accuracy of employee data (including headcount reconciliations)
- Perform general ledger activities including reviewing and posting journal entries, validating back-up attached is sufficient for compliance and audit, and balance sheet confirmations
- Manage monthly accounting close process and provide analytical review of operating results partnering with FP&A
- Prepare month-end, quarter-end and year-end financial statements and reporting packages
- Work in close liaison with external auditor’s
- Design and make recommendations to improve/evolve accounting processes and systems/tools to support growth and scale
- Provide support on special requests and ad-hoc projects as necessary
- Build relationships with cross departments to QC data and develop improvements to the system
You are a strong fit for this role if you have:
- 5+ years of Accounting leadership experience managing complex problems, processes, projects, and people
- Experience using analytical approaches to develop, measure and evolve processes
- Ability to develop strong relationships and communicate effectively while under pressure - balancing confidence, humility, and diplomacy internally and externally
- Experience in a startup or similar environment where there is frequent change and a need to demonstrate and act with a sense of urgency
- Enthusiasm, flexibility, and patience in a fast-paced, fun and collaborative environment
- Meticulous attention to detail and accuracy in work product
- Education, certification etc. that support your skills to contribute to the Guild team and community as described
In addition to working with the accounting team, in this role you will collaborate with other Guild team members including: Bijal Shah (Chief Technology & Payments Officer) and Kevin Atieh (Director, FP&A).
Guild is increasing economic mobility for working adults by partnering with the largest employers in the country to offer education as a benefit to their employees via our marketplace of nonprofit universities and education institutions. Guild’s proprietary technology platform facilitates the administration of this innovative benefit and our team of coaches helps each employee navigate the path back to school, providing individualized support from day one through program completion.
We also just became the latest female-led company to hit a $1billion valuation and the only B-corp with those qualifications. Our Series D round was led by Ken Chenault, General Catalyst Partners chairman and former CEO of AMEX, and joined by Emerson Collective, LeadEdge Capital, and Iconiq.
Guild Education is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.