BiggerPockets is seeking an Accounting Manager to join our growing team! BiggerPockets is a complete resource for anyone looking to succeed in real estate investing. We offer free content, tools, and a community of over 1.3 million members to help people avoid mistakes; learn valuable tips; find partners, deals, and financing; and make the best investing decisions possible.
The Accounting Manager will play a key role in our operating functions by being responsible for the month-end close cycle, payroll, AP, AR and a variety of reporting and financial analysis. If you’re eager to be part of a thriving company and show off your accounting skill set, this is the role for you!
- Complete the month-end close process, including preparing journal entries with supporting documentation
- Create monthly reporting packages for management & investors
- Establish effective internal controls and ensure compliance with GAAP
- Reconcile cash, credit cards & bank accounts
- Manage day-to-day functions of A/P and A/R
- Process semi-monthly payroll
- Compliance reporting for insurance, banks, taxes, 401(k) plan & payroll
- Coordinate annual audit & tax with CPA firm
- Work with operations team to maintain company metrics & KPI reporting
- Support the CFO in preparation and maintenance of budgets, cash flow forecasts & financial analysis
- Manage special projects and ad-hoc financial analysis
- Degreed accountant with strong technical accounting skills
- CPA with 2-4 years’ experience in audit/assurance role with CPA firm
- Hands-on experience managing monthly close cycle a plus
- Strong Excel & financial analysis skills are required
- Experience in the tech industry preferred (software, SaaS, B2C)
- Self-motivated, resourceful, forward-thinking mindset
- Strong attention to detail & accuracy, with the ability to also understand the big picture
- Positive, team-oriented person who can proactively interface with entire organization
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, and filing cabinets.
Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. This is largely a sedentary role. Moving equipment for production and videos is regularly required.
Travel: Minimal travel is required for this position
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work: This is a full-time position. Days and Core Hours of work are Monday through Friday, 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.Occasional evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
BiggerPockets is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Individuals from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.