Accounting Manager at Ibotta
The Accounting Manager is an integral member of Ibotta’s accounting team. This individual will be responsible for oversight of the monthly close process and management of the accounting team. The ideal candidate has proven performance in scaling processes and has worked in a high growth environment implementing controls and establishing formal procedures. This position will work closely with the FP&A and billing teams and will report directly to the Controller.
What you'll be doing:
- Work closely with the Controller to manage accounting department and processes and ensure timely and accurate financial statement close.
- Responsible for oversight of monthly accounting entries, month-end and year-end close procedures and balance sheet reconciliations
- Responsible for monthly equity accounting and updating cap table.
- Prepare timely and accurate financial statements and monthly cash flow for distribution to Senior Leadership Team and external investors
- Assist with audits including year-end financial statement audit, periodic bank audits, and additional ad hoc compliance audits.
- Interface with various external business professionals including tax professionals, valuation firm, law firms, etc.
- Oversee revenue accounting and ASC 606 implementation.
- Lead monthly PL BS fluctuation review meetings providing insight to unusual changes.
- Work closely with FP&A to provide reporting and support as needed
- Provide technical guidance surrounding changes in business and upcoming accounting regulations
- Work closely with operations and engineering to transform processes including automation of billing and revenue utilizing NetSuite.
- Establish and maintain strong working relationship with management and staff identifying and developing solutions to a full-range of business issues
- Advise team regarding the handling of non-routine transactions.
- Establish and maintain financial policies, procedures, and internal controls
What we're looking for:
- Minimum of 5-7 years of work experience within a high-growth environment.
- BS/BA in Accounting or Finance. CPA preferred.
- A combination of public accounting and experience in a medium to large sized company.
- Demonstrated success in high-growth environment, including process development, implementation, and execution
- In depth revenue recognition knowledge, experience with ASC 606 preferred.
- NetSuite experience a plus
- Strong communication skills and a demonstrated ability to effectively lead and influence staff across all levels, functions, and external constituencies.
- Proficient with software applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) including the use of VLookup Pivot Tables, and other Excel functions as well as ambition to learn internal systems. Experience with NetSuite preferred.
- Ability to work with limited supervision; highly self-motivated with the ability to produce creative solutions.
- Highly organized, meticulously attentive to detail, and ability to set priorities.
- Anticipate and meet business demands in a fast-paced environment.
Headquartered in Denver, CO, Ibotta (“I bought a...“) is a free app that's transforming the shopping experience by making every purchase rewarding. The company partners with leading brands and retailers to offer real cash back on groceries, travel, electronics, clothing, gifts, home and office supplies, dining out, and much more. Ibotta is the ultimate starting point for savings, and having paid out more than $500 million in cash rewards to its Savers, it's no surprise why Ibotta is one of the most downloaded shopping apps in the United States
Learn more about Ibotta here: https://liferewarded.ibotta.com/press-and-media/
- This position is located in Denver, CO and includes competitive pay, equity compensation, benefits package (including medical, dental, vision), 401k, commuter stipend, and flexible PTO.
- Ibotta provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, and genetics.
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.