Accounting Manager at Bonusly (Remote)
Make recognition fun. Love your work. 🤗💚🎉
Join our small but growing team dedicated to building engaged, recognition-rich cultures in workplaces across the globe!
To learn what makes our company culture unique, take a peek at our Employee Un-Handbook, check out our Instagram, and check out this video to see what it’s like to work here.
*** Bonusly’s “Workplace”: Bonusly is still hiring! We currently conduct all interviews and on-boarding new hires remotely. Bonusly has both a hybrid and remote workforce and will furnish all employees with what they need to work remotely. ***
What is Bonusly?
Bonusly provides solutions to create high-performance, high-engagement teams. We believe that success in business is determined by people, working on teams, to solve novel problems. That belief extends to our own team, and we'd love for you to be a part of it.
What is our mission?
Our mission is to help people connect with their work and each other in meaningful ways. Our vision is for every organization to reach success by using Bonusly to build high-performance, high-engagement teams. We believe that the way we work today can be so much better.
How do we get there?
Our top-rated SaaS platform is built by the talented and creative team here at Bonusly. We work with autonomy, responsibility, and purpose. We are driven by a desire to make meaningful impacts for our customers, and to be excellent teammates to each other along the way.
Boulder/Denver Metro Area, Colorado OR Remote (US only)
Bonusly is looking for a people, process, and growth-focused Accounting Manager. We are looking for a team member who can help us grow and scale the accounting function. We need someone who is experienced with establishing processes and policies as well as selecting and implementing our next generation of accounting tools. You’ll have the opportunity to shape the organization in meaningful ways and play a pivotal role in scaling our business.
- Manage the accounting staff who are responsible for financial reporting, billing, collections, payroll, and tax compliance.
- Recruit and hire accounting staff and conduct performance evaluations.
- Coordinate training programs for new staff and identifies training needs for current staff.
- Establish internal controls and guidelines for customer billing and company accounting transactions.
- Oversee preparation of business activity reports, performance metrics, and update financial forecasts with actuals.
- Execute month-end close process and seeks process improvement opportunities to shorten where possible.
- Participate in selecting and implementing the appropriate finance and accounting tools to fit the needs of the business.
- Oversee the production of periodic financial reports; ensures that the reported results comply with generally accepted accounting principles and financial reporting standards.
- Responsible for tax planning throughout the fiscal year; work with our tax accounting firm to file annual corporate tax returns.
- Audit accounts to ensure compliance with state and federal regulations; coordinate with outside auditors and provide needed information for the annual external audit.
- Presents recommendations to management on short- and long-term financial objectives and policies.
- Provides ad-hoc analysis financial analysis
- Ensures compliance with local, state, and federal government requirements including sales tax.
- Performs other related duties as necessary or assigned.
- Excellent management and supervisory skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Exceptional organizational and time management skills.
- Proficient in accounting and tax preparation software.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite or similar software.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Business Administration required.
- Eight years or more of related experience is required.
- Three to five years of people management experience.
- SaaS experience.
Bonus points for…..
- Certified Public Accountant designation preferred.
- Startup and growth business experience.
- Base Salary range: $100k - $150k
- Equity Range: .04% - .11%
🎉Benefits and opportunities include...
• Collaborating with a growing team of smart & passionate creators.
• Making work more enjoyable and meaningful by reimagining the way companies recognize and reward their employees.
• Being empowered to innovate, take ownership, and motivate change at a growing company.
• Fully covered Medical/Dental/Vision insurance.
• Fully covered short-term/long-term disability and life insurance
• Progressive vacation policy.
• 401(k) with employer matching.
• Subsidized wellness, transit, and professional development.
• Bonusly! (Of course we use our own product for peer, work anniversary, and birthday recognition)
💚 What's it like to work at Bonusly?
Culture and employee experience are some of our top priorities! See what we're all about at https://bonus.ly/about, and check out our official Employee Unhandbook to learn more about our culture and values.
Covid-19 Vaccination Policy:
Bonusly prioritizes the safety and wellbeing of all our team members regardless of vaccination status. The CDC believes getting vaccinated against COVID-19 is the single most effective thing we can do to protect our team members, their families, and their communities. Currently, in order to attend any company/team events in person we require all attendees to be vaccinated (unless state laws say otherwise).
🔸 We actively work toward greater diversity, equity, and inclusion
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for individuals in our job application process. If you need assistance or accommodations, please let your recruiter know if we reach out for an initial phone screen.