Accounting Manager - NA Shared Services Accounting
We're growing and adding a new Accounting Manager to our ECS business unit Accounting team!
The Accounting Manager will partner with all levels of the business to deliver the highest quality financial analysis and support to assist in strategic decision-making. Conduct review of account reconciliations and financial reporting and analysis completed by General Ledger accounting staff. Research complex GAAP issues escalated from staff, provide direction on technical accounting matters. You will manage the accounting and financial functions of a multi-million dollar business unit including ensuring accurate financial reporting, forecasting, data management, and sound financial controls.
● Train and educate employees on day to day functional responsibilities.
● Perform day to day functional responsibility and/or conduct financial analysis to identify and evaluate risk and exposure; recommend appropriate action.
● Set and communicate direction for team in order to deliver results in line with strategic goals. May need intermittent guidance from senior management to develop staff for optimal team performance.
● Research and inform team on regulatory issues. Identify and raise any risks and exposures to senior management.
● Manages professional employees and/or supervisors or supervises large, complex technical or business support or production operations team(s)
● Is accountable for the performance and results of a team within own discipline or function
● Adapts departmental plans and priorities to address resource and operational challenges
● Decisions are guided by policies, procedures and business plan; receives guidance from senior manager
● Provides technical guidance to employees, colleagues and/or customers
● Accountable for results of a small team
● Exercises limited management authority; sets employee performance objectives, conducts performance reviews and recommends pay actions
● Defines team operating standards and ensures essential procedures are followed based on knowledge of own discipline
Experience / Education
Typically requires a minimum of 8 years of related experience with a 4 year degree; or 6 years and an advanced degree; or equivalent experience.
Preferred Qualifications - CPA and/or Public Accounting experience