Accounting Intern - Accounts Payable at Zen Planner
Daxko’s mission is to power health and wellness throughout the world. We provide solutions, services, and insights for the health and wellness industry to engage members, deliver delightful experiences, and improve the businesses we serve.Job Description
The Accounting Intern will support the Finance Team by kicking out results with a strong work ethic and a self managed attitude. This position will be responsible for all functions relating to the accounts payable process. Occasionally, this position will also assist the team with ad-hoc projects related to financial reporting.
The Accounting Intern reports to the Controller.
- Accurately review, code, and process vendor invoices
- Reconcile vendor statements and any related variances
- Communicate with vendors and team members to answer inquiries and resolve issues
- Ad-hoc projects assigned by the Controller
- Solid understanding of basic accounting principles
- Overall willingness to jump in and make a difference
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to function well in a high-paced and at times stressful environment.
- Must be able to work at least 3 days a week Monday - Friday 8am - 5pm
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in progress for Accounting (Junior level or above)
- Basic excel knowledge
- Customer service or customer facing job experience preferred
- Experience with Accounting software preferred
Our company, with a culture of collaboration, action, and entrepreneurship, has a well-deserved reputation of providing “career defining” opportunities for team members willing to pursue them.
With a high value placed on taking care of our customers and our team members, we have frequently been recognized locally and nationally as best workplaces.
We truly care for our team members, and this is reflected through our offices, full-time benefits, and great perks. Some of our favorites include:
- Flexible paid time off
- Affordable health insurance options
- 8 paid holidays + 1 floating holiday in which team members can take a holiday of their choosing off
- Monthly fitness reimbursement
- 401(k) matching
- Casual work environment
- Plenty of free food and caffeine
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.