Accounting Director at SonderMind
SonderMind is looking to hire an Account Director to own, develop, and build the accounting function at SonderMind. This role will report directly to the Chief Financial Officer.
Our Ideal Candidate
As our ideal candidate you have experience in a high-growth environment. You love financial statements and ensuring that they are accurate. You are most satisfied from ensuring the accounting processes are well tuned to the stage of the business. You lead by example and thrive on supporting others’ successes.
- Develop and lead the accounting function at SonderMind. This includes:
- Leading the monthly close including balance sheet reconciliation, supporting schedules and memos, flux analysis, and reporting deliverables.
- Build out the SOPs for accounting at SonderMind; work with cross-functional teams to determine treatment and SOP for new products and services.
- Build a plan to bring the accounting function in-house.
- Within the first 30 days, work with the outsourced accounting firm to close the books within 15 days of month-end with 99% accuracy, and no restatements. With a plan to move toward closing the books within 10 days by year-end.
- Within 90 days, develop a one-year plan to build an incredible accounting team that delivers timely and accurate financial statements that can be used by the entire company to drive financial rigor and discipline.
- Within 120 days, complete SonderMind’s first internal audit. Select our auditor and manage SonderMind’s first audit; receive glowing reviews from the auditor and all internal teams regarding the process. Develop a clear and actionable list of times for the business to work on in 2022.
- Within 1 year, execute the team-building plan developed at 90 days
- Bachelor's degree in finance or accounting, and a CPA.
- Previous experience managing part or all of the accounting function.
- Fluent with US GAAP and the ability to prepare accounting memos.
- Understanding of tax regulations and compliance, and the ability to pull in additional technical expertise when/where needed.
- Proven experience leading the monthly close process, and exposure to accounting systems (specifically NetSuite).
- Detail oriented with high degree of accuracy.
- Demonstrated ability to think critically and solve problems.
- Ability to work cross functionally.
- Experience leading teams and a demonstrated ability to build high-performing teams.
- Demonstrated ability to work within and be successful in a high-growth environment; knows what it means to scale teams, people, and organizations while also delivering against stated objectives and goals.
Nice to Have
- Minimum of 15+ years of progressive responsibilities in accounting.
- Industry experience in mental health or healthcare more broadly.
- Experience at a Big 4 accounting firm.
- This role is located in Denver, CO and is a full-time, exempt position
- Starting salary range for this role is $145,000
- This role will be eligible to participate in the following:
- full employee benefits package
- employee stock option purchase plan
- variable performance-based bonus incentives
To apply please submit your resume and cover letter. In your cover letter, please share how your experience aligns with this role.
Commitment to an Inclusive Workplace
Mental wellness impacts people of every community. At SonderMind, building and supporting a diverse workforce is foundational to our goal to redesign behavioral healthcare to be more approachable and accessible. SonderMind is a committed equal opportunity employer and provides a workplace that will not tolerate discrimination or harassment.
Our employees may be exposed to sensitive personal information throughout their regular duties. For this reason, we maintain exceptionally high expectations of ethical conduct and require all incoming employees to pass a background check.
Our Employee Benefits Philosophy
As a leader in redesigning behavioral health we are walking the walk with our employee benefits package. We focus on meeting SonderMinders wherever they are and supporting them in all facets of their life with both mental and physical aspects in mind. Where most companies say "good enough" we ask ourselves "how can we do better." That includes:
- Therapy coverage benefits to enable our employees to get the care they need
- Employer-paid disability & AD&D to cover life's unexpected - not only that, we cover the difference in salary for up to Eight weeks of short-term disability leave
- Eight weeks of paid parental leave (if the parent also qualifies for STD, this benefit is in addition)
- A generous PTO policy and a company mandate of at MINIMUM three-weeks of PTO a year; flexible work-from-home policy
- A great downtown location and stocked with unlimited drinks and snacks (NOTE: company is fully remote during COVID pandemic)
- A commitment to reward our team members for the long-term success and growth of SonderMind with stock option grants and bonus potential
- Competitive market salary, up-to 4% salary company match on 401K, professional development and advancement opportunities as we rapidly scale, and so much more.