We’re changing the way people think about food. At FoodMaven, our vision is to see all food used…with good purpose. Our mission is to capture and create a market for food otherwise lost in the food system with positive impacts for profits, people, and the planet. FoodMaven sells high-quality local, oversupplied and out of spec food from distributors, manufacturers and producers to restaurants and institutional kitchens at a significant discount.
FoodMaven is committed to our mission and vision, working to create a better food system and fostering a fun and passionate work culture. We work hard, and have a great time doing it!
We are looking for an Accounting Associate to help maintain our financial data and
report it in a useful and easily digestible way. This person will prepare journal
entries, assist with monthly and year-end closings, bank reconciliations, fixed
asset maintenance and general ledger reconciliations. They will also maintain payment schedules and ensure all procedures are in compliance with GAAP. A successful candidate will be extremely organized and detail savvy about their financial reporting.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Assist with the accounts payable processing of invoices, properly classifying expenses, maintaining and organizing AP files.
- Accounts receiveable- Reconcile daily sales receipts, collect deposits, apply payments, troubleshoot customer account discrepancies and send invoices daily.
- Vendor Management- secure W-9’s, create annual 1099’s, reconcile vendor statements.
- Maintain record of all files electronically and physically, of accounting related records
- Develop, implement, modify and document record-keeping and accounting systems
- Prepare, examine or analyze accounting records, financial statements or other financial reports to assess accuracy, completeness and conformance to reporting and procedural standards
- Assist with any other ad hoc analysis or reports as needed
- Detailed work activities:
- Process payments in QuickBooks, DEAR, and Shopify. Track documentation of payments, discounts, and customer accounts for audit purposes.
- Collect mail from P.O. Box, distribute mail, bi-weekly.
- Prepare bank deposits, batch deposits in QuickBooks.
- Prepare invoices and delivery receipts daily.
- Facilitate payment of invoices due, send invoices, contact clients. Verify discrepancies and resolve client’s billing issues.
- Generate financial statements and reports detailing accounts receivable status.
- Project future sales and revenue.
- Prepare, examine or analyze accounting records, financial statements or other financial reports to assess accuracy, completeness and conformance to reporting and procedural standards.
- Assist with any other ad hoc analysis or reports as needed.
- Develop, implement, modify and document record-keeping and accounting systems. Develop and implement best practices and standard operating procedures.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- 3 years or more experience/knowledge in AP/AR and General Ledger
- Experienced with Microsoft Office, including Word, Outlook and emphasis
- on Excel
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- General understanding of AP, AR, collections, banking and reconciliations
- Ability to process and understand inventory systems
We prefer that:
- You have a bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or related field
- Experience working in fast-paced, start up environment
- You are a pro-active, self directed mindset with the ability to multi-task, learn quickly and operation with a sense of urgency