Accounting Assistant at DAT Software & Analytics
DAT Software and Analytics is looking for an Accounting Assistant to join our outstanding Finance & Accounting team in Denver, CO.
We’re looking for someone who takes pride in their accuracy, accountability and timeliness when it comes to tracking and processing payments. This is your opportunity to bring everything you’ve learned in the Accounting and Payroll field and help drive efficiencies across the Accounting function.
- Solid understanding of the fundamentals of bookkeeping and accounting, and payroll principles.
- Skilled at calculating, posting, and managing accounting figures, and financial records.
- Experienced with spreadsheets, and a range of accounting and bookkeeping software.
- Strong customer service skills, negotiation skills, and a sense of urgency.
What You’ll Do
- Creating, Routing for Approval, and Receiving Purchase Orders.
- Setting up Vendors in our Financial Software Package .
- Support Accounts Receivable by posting payments, pulling ACH payments, bad debt write offs, and reversing payments for returned items.
- Submitting Accounts Payable checks cut to the bank.
- Backup for payroll for 380+ employees across multiple states.
- Generate a range of timely, accurate Accounting Reports and Reconciliations.
The Skills and Experience You’ll Need
- At least 2 years of direct experience with accounts receivable and payroll systems and software.
- Salesforce and Great Plains experience for Accounting and UKG for Payroll is highly preferred.
- A strong aptitude for numbers is required.
- Excellent data entry skills, with an emphasis on accuracy and speed is required.
- Proven ability to effectively communicate in a professional manner with internal employees, customers, and vendors.
- Strong skills working in MS Office 365 and Google Workspace is required.
- Direct experience with both Salesforce and Great Plains highly preferred.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required.
DAT Software and Analytics is a next-generation SaaS technology company that has been at the leading edge of innovation in transportation supply chain logistics for 43 years. We continue to transform the industry year over year, by deploying a suite of software solutions to millions of customers every day - customers who depend on DAT for the most relevant data and most accurate insights to help them make smarter business decisions and run their companies more profitably. We operate the largest marketplace of its kind in North America, with 226 million freight posts in 2020, and a database of $126 billion of annual global shipment market transaction data. DAT is based in Beaverton, OR, with offices in Colorado, Missouri, Texas, and Bangalore, India.
For additional information, see www.DAT.com/company
DAT Software and Analytics embraces the value of a diverse workforce, and believes it is a core strength of our company that we encourage those values in every DAT employee, at every level of our organization, regardless of tenure or rank. We provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.
DAT Software and Analytics offers competitive compensation and an excellent benefit package that includes medical, dental, and vision coverage, flexible savings accounts, 401K, Life and AD&D insurance, a comprehensive Paid Leave program, and a Tuition Reimbursement program.
All referrals and résumés are managed exclusively through the Human Resources Department.
DAT Software and Analytics will not consider unsolicited résumés from vendors including search firms, fee-based referral services, and/or recruitment agencies.