Accountant at JumpCloud
Sorry, this job was removed at 5:07 a.m. (MST) on Wednesday, August 4, 2021
All roles at JumpCloud are Remote in the U.S. unless otherwise specified in the Job Description.
Do you enjoy solving challenging problems using the latest technologies within a great team? Is knowing your work will be highly visible and mission critical a key component for the next step in your career? At JumpCloud, we’re looking for best-in-class talent to help define the future of modern identity and device management from the ground up.
JumpCloud’s mission is to Make Work Happen®, providing simple, secure access to corporate technology resources from any device, or any location. The JumpCloud Directory Platform gives IT, security operations, and DevOps a single, cloud-based solution to control and manage employee identities, their devices, and apply conditional access controls based on Zero Trust principals. JumpCloud has a global user base of more than 100,000 organizations, with over 3,000 customers including Cars.com, Grab, ClassPass, Uplight, Beyond Finance and Foursquare. JumpCloud is backed by BlackRock, General Atlantic, OpenView, and Foundry Group.
JumpCloud is seeking a Senior Accountant to join our small but growing Accounting team. This role will report to the Accounting Manager and offers a great opportunity to be a part of a burgeoning startup in Boulder, CO. The Accountant will assist with a variety of general accounting functions including the AP payment cycle, month end close, account analysis, maintaining policy guidelines, and establishing an effective control environment, in addition to special projects.
The type of individual that will be successful in this role must be analytical in nature, detail oriented, and possess a strong understanding of systems, data analysis, databases and Excel skills to ensure the integrity of accounting information when recording, verifying and reconciling transactions. Our Company is growing rapidly, so the successful individual will be able to work in a fast paced environment that is changing fairly rapidly.
Day to Day Responsibilities:
- Prepare and ensure all G/L accounts are accurately reconciled including fixed assets, prepaids, and accrued expenses
- Full cycle accounts payable process and main contact for vendor inquiries
- Review and code employee expense reports and credit card charges
- Prepare and file state sales and use tax returns
- Maintain W-9 files for vendors and process Form 1099’s at year-end
- Review and analyze monthly financial statement variances
- Assist with accounts receivable and billing processes as needed
- Participate in the ongoing development/establishment of accounting policies and procedures and operational strategies including the review and implementation of process and system changes with emphasis on internal controls
- Bachelor's degree in accounting required
- 3-5 years of relevant accounting experience
- 1-3 years public accounting/audit experience is required
- CPA license preferred
- Experience completing sales and use tax filings preferred
- Exposure to navigating US GAAP guidance
- Experience with NetSuite is a plus, but not required
- Experience within SaaS industry preferred
- Strong analytical, organizational, communications, written, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to multitask and prioritize upon the various responsibilities and understand the interdependencies of others within the function of this role.
- Excellent computer and excel skills
In accordance with the Colorado Equal Pay for Equal Work Act, the approximate annual compensation range for this role is $70,000-83,000k, including base salary and any related bonuses or commissions. JumpCloud provides comprehensive benefits, including medical, dental and vision insurance, short and long term disability, life insurance and a 401k savings plan. We have an unlimited vacation policy.
Where you’ll be working
All our roles are remote in the U.S. unless otherwise specified. Our Headquarters is in the Denver/Boulder, CO area. Once we reopen our offices you will have the opportunity to remain fully remote (in the U.S.), work from one of our office locations (CO only currently) or flex your time.
If you thrive working in a fast, SaaS-based environment and you are passionate about solving challenging technical problems, we look forward to hearing from you! JumpCloud is an incredible place to share and grow your expertise! You’ll work with amazing talent across each department who are passionate about our mission. We’re out of the box thinkers, so your unique ideas and approaches for conceiving a product and/or feature will be welcome. You’ll have a voice in the organization as you work with a seasoned executive team, a supportive board and in a proven market that our customers are excited about.
Please submit your résumé and brief explanation about yourself and why you would be a good fit for JumpCloud. Please note JumpCloud is not accepting third party resumes at this time.
We're an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
Read Full Job Description