Here at Travelers Haven, we empower people to feel at home anywhere their lives take them. We are a full-service housing firm that helps individuals, businesses and organizations with traveling professionals find housing that works for them. We combine industry-leading software and inspired minds to connect thousands of traveling professionals to find housing that meets all their individual needs.
Together We Thrive. We hire talented people that thrive in a fast-paced, high-growth environment, where every day brings a new challenge. Imagine a place without red tape, decisions are made, and your voice is heard. You are quickly able to see your hard work take root and impact is made. You are passionate, ambitious, and determined for success. If you've been searching for an opportunity to help shape the future of corporate housing, we want to talk to you! Come thrive with us.
Hiring rate/range: $50,000-$60,000 annually
Actual compensation offer to candidate may vary from posted hiring range based upon geographic location, work experience, education, and/or skill level. The pay ratio between base and target incentive (if applicable) will be finalized at offer.
Travelers Haven is one of the nation’s largest corporate housing companies and with our growth we are looking for an Accountant to join our team. This role will focus on both general and transactional accounting. This is a unique opportunity to work in several areas of accounting in a position that plays an integral part of a close-knit team. The Accountant will report directly to the Controller and will need to demonstrate the ability to work proactively and independently in a fast-paced office environment. We offer opportunities for advancement for the right candidate, and a competitive salary.
- Assisting with month end close duties, including balance sheet reconciliations, journal entries and general ledger analysis.
- Assisting with daily/weekly bank and credit card reconciliations.
- Assisting the accounting department in daily, monthly, and annual activities, including generating financial reports, developing budgets, preparing taxes, and assisting with audits.
- Using documents to verify, record, and process transactions.
- Acting as a liaison for vendors to reconcile any billing discrepancies, including reviewing rent ledgers and lease documents and researching payment application.
- Coordinating actions on inbound and outbound collection efforts.
- Participating in ongoing education opportunities to learn about industry trends and developments, current financial legislation, and company policies and procedures.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Proficient with ERP systems, including Microsoft Office
- Able to multi-task and prioritize work effectively
- Great attention to detail
Required Education & Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting
- 2+ years' public accounting experience
- Possess a sense of urgency and desire to proactively solve problems as they arise to achieve results
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship, national origin, religion, veteran status, disability, genetic characteristic or information, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, family status, pregnancy, or other legally protected status (collectively, protected statuses). We do not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion, benefits, discipline, termination, job assignments or training.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.
We recognize that financial rewards and great benefits are important aspects of an ideal job. Here’s what we offer:
- Unlimited Vacation
- Paid sick leave
- Paid holidays
- Medical, dental, vision & supplemental insurance
- 401k plan
- Unpaid flex time
- Life Insurance
- On-site gym
- Employee Assistance Program
- Deeply discounted hotel rates
- Regular team-building events and outings
- Craft brews and ciders on tap
- Arcade games, golf simulator, and more
- Collaborative workspaces with adjustable sit-stand desks
- Breathtaking views of the Rocky Mountains and Downtown Denver
- Company Paid Parking