Inboxlab is a leading digital publisher that harnesses the power of email as an ideal way to deliver exceptional editorial experiences to millions of readers every day. We grew out of the creativity and passion of our founder, Nicholas Pardon, a pioneer in email innovation. We started with a keen eye for what people want to receive in their inbox, and then we built proprietary technology that helps forge sustainable connections with target audiences. With this creative and technology platform, we have successfully launched a portfolio of brands that engage our readers’ curiosity and their desire to always be learning.
Recognized as a Top 50 Startup to Watch in 2019 by Built In Colorado, Inboxlab is proud to be based in Denver and New York City and quickly adding to its team of go-getters and entrepreneurs.
Inboxlab presently focuses on two verticals: travel and gamified education (edutainment). Our mission-based flagship travel brand, The Discoverer, reaches 3,000,000+ subscribers with its weekly editions and our Inbox Edutainment network currently serves 50,000,000+ trivia and quiz plays per month.
As an Accountant, you are an energetic, analytical, and detail-oriented person with a passion for accounting and numbers. You will support all of the finance operations required to operate a rapidly scaling digital content publishing company. Specifically, you will be responsible for inputting cash entries, conducting monthly close, managing accounts payable and receivable, wrangling large amounts of data, and helping support our financial processes and controls. Working under pressure at times, you are great at multitasking and problem solving.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING
- Responsible for more complex accounting activities associated with maintaining the general ledger and account reconciliations
- Assist in the month end and quarterly close processes
- Manage account receivables and account payables
- Review contracts to ensure proper accounting treatment
- Provide technical accounting expertise
- Review accounting procedures and recommends changes in operations and financial activities that will improve productivity and effectiveness
- Assist the Manager of Financial Planning with monthly reporting
- Perform other related duties as required or assigned
WHAT YOU’LL NEED TO BRING
- 2 - 5 years of accounting experience
- Degree in accounting
- Strong understanding of Excel
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience and working knowledge of A/P processing, A/R processing, bank/ cash/credit card reconciliations
- Strong understanding of accrual processes
- Deadline mentality, detail oriented, tech savvy, passion for building things that scale
At Inboxlab we aim to provide equal opportunity for all! We are firm believers in the strength of diversity and aim to build teams of individuals that offer unique perspectives, come from different backgrounds and challenge each other to be better every day!