Accountant Staff II
Under limited supervision, while developing professional expertise, evaluates transactions and records to the GL as necessary to ensure the financial and accurate and complete. Supports integral customers, develops relationships with various client groups and maintains/updates current financial information.
● Responsible for the completion of balance sheet reconciliations and income statement analysis. Identifies process problems or issues and escalates appropriately.
● Reconciliations & Analysis—complete standard reconciliations and income statement analysis.
● Evaluates transactions and records to the GL as necessary to ensure the financials are accurate and complete. Performs financial analysis of actual results against budget/forecast.
● Supports and/or participates in special projects.
Job complexity may vary among jobs within this job level and will align with one of the job complexities listed below:
(1) Incumbent has limited level of discretion to vary from established procedures, works under general supervision, and solves some straightforward problems. Incumbent generally has limited work experience involving basic concepts and procedures but requires formal training in theories/concepts in own function.
(2) Incumbent has high level of discretion to vary from established procedures, works under broad supervision, and solves some complex problems. Incumbent generally has substantial work experience involving complex concepts and procedures in theories/concepts in own function.
Experience / Education
Typically requires a 4 year degree and 2–4 years of related experience; or an advanced degree without experience; or equivalent work experience.
**Highly Preferred work experience**
- Inventory accounting or
- Cost accounting experience in a manufacturing environment
- Exposure SOX compliance and working with external auditors