Ball Corporation manufactures aluminum packaging for beverage, personal care and household products, and provides aerospace and other technologies for commercial and government customers. We have been in business for over 140 years and is leading the charge in creating solutions that keep our planet healthy. Ball Corp has been nationally recognized as a leading company in the creation of sustainable products (Fast Company World Changing Ideas award) as well as one of America's Best Employers for Diversity (Forbes Magazine.) Join our team of over 18,000 people worldwide in our quest to make the world a cleaner and healthier place. BE BIGGER THAN YOURSELF. BE UNSTOPPABLE. BE AN INSPIRATION. JOIN US IN MAKING THE WORLD A BETTER PLACE
Primary Purpose of the Position:
This position is responsible for the recording, accounting, and analysis of accounting matters, including stock compensation, payroll, and other compensation and benefit programs, consolidations work and technical accounting topics within the corporate ledger. This position provides analytical support to management in connection with the corporate ledger as well as global consolidations. Job includes some project work as well as FASB research as needed. Operates in a SOX regulated environment by performing detailed reviews and helps to ensure that the corporate ledger, and consolidated results are free from material misstatements.
Essential Responsible Areas:
- Responsible for the completion of key functions as part of the month end closing process, including the preparation and input of journal entries. Records transactions for the various ledgers including stock, compensations and benefits, as well as intercompany transactions.
- Understands payroll process, ADP system, and leads the continuous payroll process improvements.
- Understands and executes against key SOX control activities over the financial close process.
- Prepares and analyses the activity for accounting records related to various stock programs for employees and non-employee directors and employee stock purchase plan (ESPP), and variance incentive plans, including EVA bonus plan, long term cash incentive plan, deferred compensation plans, and the COLI/TOLI plans.
- Participates in the accurate and timely preparation of benefits related footnote disclosure for 10-K & 10-Qs, support statutory reporting footnote disclosure requirement.
- Prepares reconciliations of general ledger accounts, research/resolve discrepancies of the accounts, including: equity accounts, payroll withholding accounts, and other related accounts.
- Performs other accounting duties and ad hoc projects.
- Familiar with JDEdwards, SAP, Hyperion, ADP, and Shareworks is a plus; Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Smartview Function.
- Establishes and maintains effective work relationships within the department, the division, the group, and the company. Includes ability to handle stress and to interact with others so as to establish and maintain a positive and productive work environment and minimize personal conflicts.
Position Requirement & Competencies:
- Broad training in a related field usually acquired through college level education or work-related experience
- Job related experience for 3-5 year(s) minimum
- Certifications/Licenses/Other:: Chartered Accountant or CPA preferred
- Experience in public accounting preferred
- Ability to apply generally accepted accounting principles, financial concepts, and conditions in the accounting, analysis, and projection of financial information concerning corporate accounting and compensation and benefits topics.
- Skilled at analytical and problem-solving techniques to troubleshoot problems independently
- Ability to manage multiple deadlines and prioritize effectively.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing with personnel at all levels of the organization.
- Generally accepted accounting principles as related to the essential functions of this position
- Integrated financial and ERP systems
Compensation & Benefits:
- Hiring Salary Range: $ 68,000 - 101,500 (Salary to be determined by the applicant’s education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity and alignment with market data.)
- Job Grade: 10
- Other Compensation: This role will be eligible to participate in the annual incentive compensation plan.
- Regular Full-Time Salaried and Hourly positions: Ball includes a comprehensive benefits structure, Go to our career site and click "Total Rewards" to learn more.
Ball Corporation has been made aware of reports involving fraudulent job offers. These often appear legitimate, but Ball does not make job offers until after a candidate has submitted a job application and has participated in a face-to-face interview (In person or via WebEx). All email correspondence from Ball Corporation ends in “@ball.com.” Please also be advised that Ball will never request payment or require candidates to deposit a check during the recruitment and onboarding processes. If you have questions about any open positions at Ball, please visit our careers website at https://jobs.ball.com/.
If you have applied to a position and have been asked for personal information through LinkedIn, please notify LinkedIn directly.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minority, Female, Disabled, Lesbian, Gay, Bi-sexual, Transgender and Veterans