Accountant - Revenue at JumpCloud
Sorry, this job was removed at 11:07 a.m. (MST) on Monday, August 2, 2021
All roles at JumpCloud are Remote in the U.S. unless otherwise specified in the Job Description.
Do you enjoy solving challenging problems using the latest technologies within a great team? Is knowing your work will be highly visible and mission critical a key component for the next step in your career? At JumpCloud, we’re looking for best-in-class talent to help define the future of modern identity and device management from the ground up.
JumpCloud’s mission is to Make Work Happen®, providing simple, secure access to corporate technology resources from any device, or any location. The JumpCloud Directory Platform gives IT, security operations, and DevOps a single, cloud-based solution to control and manage employee identities, their devices, and apply conditional access controls based on Zero Trust principals. JumpCloud has a global user base of more than 100,000 organizations, with over 3,000 customers including Cars.com, Grab, ClassPass, Uplight, Beyond Finance and Foursquare. JumpCloud is backed by BlackRock, General Atlantic, OpenView, and Foundry Group.
About the Role
We’re looking for a high-energy, hands-on Revenue Accountant who has experience with day-to-day billing activities, reviewing sales contracts and managing the proper recognition in accordance with ASC 606. The ideal candidate can think strategically on a process level and also execute in the details. Join our small but hardcore and expanding team to help establish the processes and procedures that will support JumpCloud as we continue to expand.
- Review sales contracts to ensure revenue is recognized in compliance with ASC 606
- Resolve all issues that arise from inaccurate orders that would affect revenue recognition
- Participate in month-end close activities by ensuring sales transactions are recorded timely and accurately, including preparation of account reconciliations for deferred revenue and AR balances
- Prepare monthly revenue flux analysis and prepare miscellaneous revenue adjustments as needed
- Create and submit invoices and credit memos to customers
- Proactively communicate with customers to ensure timely collections
- Effectively communicate with the Sales, Operations and Finance teams
- Identify and assist with implementation of process improvements/automation to scale as the company grows
- Participate in annual audits conducted by external auditors
- BS/BA degree in Accounting or Finance and CPA
- 3-5 years Big 4 public accounting experience with SaaS engagements, or Revenue Recognition exposure in a SaaS company
- Solid understanding of US GAAP
- Intermediate to Advanced Excel skills (lookups, pivot tables, etc.)
- Experience with Netsuite and Salesforce CPQ a plus
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Strong analytical skills and ability to problem solve, both from an accounting and system perspective
- Self-motivated with the ability to multi-task and work in a dynamic fast-paced environment
- Enthusiastic attitude and willingness to jump in and help out as needed
- Flexibility to roll with the punches and growing pains of a fast-growing company
In accordance with the Colorado Equal Pay for Equal Work Act, the approximate compensation range for this role is $75,000 to $100,000, including base salary and any related bonuses or commissions. JumpCloud provides comprehensive benefits including medical, dental and vision insurance, short and long term disability, life insurance and 401k benefits. We have an unlimited vacation policy and also provide commuter benefits for employees in the Denver/Boulder, CO area.
Where you’ll be working
All our roles are remote in the U.S. unless otherwise specified. Our Headquarters is in the Denver/Boulder, CO area. Once we reopen our offices you will have the opportunity to remain fully remote (in the U.S.), work from one of our office locations (CO only currently) or flex your time.
If you thrive working in a fast, SaaS-based environment and you are passionate about solving challenging technical problems, we look forward to hearing from you! JumpCloud is an incredible place to share and grow your expertise! You’ll work with amazing talent across each department who are passionate about our mission. We’re out of the box thinkers, so your unique ideas and approaches for conceiving a product and/or feature will be welcome. You’ll have a voice in the organization as you work with a seasoned executive team, a supportive board and in a proven market that our customers are excited about.
Please submit your résumé and brief explanation about yourself and why you would be a good fit for JumpCloud. Please note JumpCloud is not accepting third party resumes at this time.
We're an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
Read Full Job Description