Accountant - Payroll and Sales Tax at AMP Robotics
AMP Robotics is a pioneer and industry leader in artificial intelligence and robotics for the
recycling industry. Every day, we’re working to reimagine and actively modernize the world’s
recycling infrastructure. Headquartered and manufacturing operations in Louisville, Colorado,
we build and deploy cutting-edge technology solutions that solve many of the central challenges
of recycling to make it more efficient, cost-effective, scalable, and sustainable.
We’re fostering an environment where talented, driven individuals can grow and create impact.
We are looking for unconventional thinkers to join our mission; at AMP, your contributions have
meaning and can spur change. With backing from top-tier investors and recognition including
Fortune’s Impact 20, Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies, and Forbes’ most promising
artificial intelligence companies in America, we’re always seeking ways to better our operations,
raising the bar on innovation, and looking to collaborate and improve each day in what we do.
Learn more at AMPRobotics.com.
AMP Robotics is hiring an Accountant reporting to our Accounting Manager to focus on various areas of our accounting team day to day operations. The Accountant will work on accounts receivable, payroll, sales and use taxes, and other projects with the accounting team.
As our Accountant, you will work to:
- Record day to day financial transactions and complete the posting process.
- Process and reconcile sales and use taxes
- Process and reconcile payroll transactions
- Process and reconcile cash transactions
- Assist with processing and review of accounts receivable and payable.
- Assist accounting team with period close operations
- Other projects as assigned
The successful candidate will have:
- 2-5 years of accounting/finance experience
- Firm knowledge of US GAAP
- Demonstrate intermediate to advanced skills and knowledge of Excel
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to review and streamline processes and implement controls
- Experience with accounting software
- Excellent interpersonal skills to communicate effectively across the organization
- Thorough knowledge of general ledger accounting and account reconciliation
- Highly detail-oriented
- Self-motivated with a, “Get it done,” attitude.
- Experience with payroll and sales and use tax accounting
- Experience with Netsuite, Bill.com, Avalara, Expensify software packages
- Familiarity with a start-up environment
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or finance or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 2-5 years of accounting/finance experience
Working Conditions/Physical Demands:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.
- Louisville CO, and remote
Affirmative Action/EEO Statement:
AMP Robotics is an equal opportunity employer. In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions at the Company will be based on job openings, merit, qualifications, and abilities as required by the position. The Company does not discriminate, and does not permit its employees to discriminate against other employees, applicants, customers, or independent contractors because of:
- Sexual orientation (including gender identity or expression, including a person's orientation toward heterosexuality, homosexuality, bisexuality, or transgender status)
- Pregnancy, childbirth, and related conditions
- Marital status
- National origin
- Military or veteran status
- Age (40 or over)
- Disability (including genetic information)
- Or, any other consideration made unlawful by applicable laws.
Equal employment opportunity will be extended to all persons in all aspects of the employer-employee relationship, including recruitment, hiring, upgrading, training, promotion, transfer, compensation, benefits, discipline, layoff, recall, and termination.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
We recognize that there is more to work than the day-to-day responsibilities. In addition to a collaborative, high-performing team environment, we’re pleased to offer competitive base salaries; medical, dental and vision insurance; a 401(k) plan; paid time off and sick time; flexible work hours; and the opportunity to quickly accelerate your learning and growth.
Salary & compensation information: Base pay will be 60-70K plus bonus, equity and benefits
- Medical - The company covers up 85% to 100% of the premium for Cigna healthcare plans depending on the selection. Employees pay the difference in premium if they select a more expensive plan. Up to 75% for dependents.
- 401(k) retirement plan (non-matching).
- Seven (7) paid holidays – 7 company designated and 2 floating holidays. (salaried employees only)
- Referral bonuses for staff positions.
- Paid Vacation Leave – Accrues at a rate of ~4.67 hours (0.58 days) per pay period (2 weeks) starting day 1. Unused PTO carries over each year with a 1-year limit.
- Paid Sick Leave – 64 hours per year, given in full on start date, refreshes on anniversary.