Powered by endlessly curious people with an unwavering mission focus, Ball Aerospace pioneers discoveries that enable our customers to perform beyond expectation and protect what matters most.
We create innovative space solutions, enable more accurate weather forecasts, drive insightful observations of our planet, deliver actionable data and intelligence, and ensure those who defend our freedom go forward bravely and return home safely. For more information, visit Ball Aerospace Career Site or connect with us on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter or Instagram.
The Finance Strategic Support Unit delivers the expertise and business acumen to increase value across the enterprise by providing actionable information with recommendations and opportunities to drive sustainable business growth.
Accountant II - Financial Reporting
Perform financial reporting, technical accounting, financial accounting, and cost accounting duties for the Ball Aerospace Financial Accounting organization.
What You’ll Do:
- Set-up and maintain supporting structure for the accounting system including pools, accounts and organizations.
- Verify weekly and monthly application of direct and indirect costs to projects.
- Verify costs are recorded and allocated properly per accounting system design set-up.
- Support monthly project revenue recognition using percentage of completion method by interfacing with business partners to process requested revenue updates in Costpoint.
- Prepare schedules to support monthly, quarterly, and year-end Corporate, Federal Tax and State Tax reporting.
- Participate in reorganization activities as requested.
- Verify accuracy of monthly financial statements.
- Actively participate in the month-end close and financial reporting process
- Review new contracts and make recommendations for proper revenue recognition per FASB ASC 606 and provide quarterly updates as required.
- Process balance sheet reconciliations
- Support internal and external audit requests, surveys and financial capability reporting.
- Analyze business systems to determine ways to improve department procedures.
- Complete special projects at the request of financial accounting management.
- Ensure that all business is conducted using the highest ethical standards and in compliance with all applicable laws, statutes, and regulations as well as company policies and directives.
- Participate in the prior year cost adjustment process.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule, with some overtime required to meet financial reporting deadlines.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What You’ll Need:
- BS/BA in a related field plus 2 or more years related experience.
- Each higher-level degree, i.e., Master’s Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for two years of experience. Related technical experience may be considered in lieu of education. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Degree in Accounting or a related field preferred plus Technical/Financial/ Cost Accounting experience.
- Knowledge of Government Contracting cost accounting practices and procedures.
- Technical knowledge of FASB accounting standards
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be proficient in the use of MS Office (Outlook, Excel, Word).
- Internal accounting, or external audit, experience with large government contractor preferred.
- Prior Public Accounting Experience with large firm preferred.
- IT or Accounting System Administration experience preferred.
- Government Contracting Cost Accounting experience preferred.
- Experience with Percentage of Completion revenue recognition preferred.
- Experience with Deltek Costpoint accounting system preferred.
- Active licensed CPA or significant progress toward license preferred.
- Work is performed in an office environment.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
Relocation for this position is not available.
Compensation & Benefits:
- HIRING SALARY RANGE: $59,000 - $80,000 (Salary to be determined by the education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities of the applicant, internal equity, and alignment with market data.)
- This position includes a competitive benefits package. For details, copy and paste https://bit.ly/3pNSnxv into your browser or visit our careers site.
US CITIZENSHIP IS REQUIRED
Ball Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.