Accountant I at Arrow Electronics, Inc.
Arrow is seeking a self driven Accountant I to join our team! As an Accountant I you'll be responsible for assigned specific journal entries, reports, analyses and account reconciliations each month. We're seeking someone who can take ownership of their own tasks, view information critically and analytically, be driven by timelines and personal commitment. Communication with your manager and teammates are also necessary and an important factor in achieving all our goals.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Month/Quarter end close - calculate and record journal entries, question unexpected activity or amounts, coordinate and communicate with partners.
- Reconciliations & Analysis – complete standard reconciliations by understanding the underlying account activity, and researching / resolving unusual or aged transactions.
- Reporting - documenting reasons for balance sheet variances and updating quarterly summary schedules.
- Support - as we believe strongly in the concept of team, we expect, as time and experience allows, that you assist co-workers in completing responsibilities, particularly research around inter-company transactions.
What We’re Looking For
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance REQUIRED
- 1-2 years related general accounting experience.
- Strong analytical skills, detail-oriented, self-starter and ability to multi-task.
- Must be proficient in Excel, specifically with v-lookups and pivot tables.
- You work well under pressure and have strong attention to detail
- Someone who is self-driven and someone who really wants to dig deep into their accounts
- Experience with variance analysis not just reconciliations.
- Month ends generally require additional hours for the first two or three days of the close.
- Quarter ends may require one Saturday to support a timely close process.
What’s In It For You
At Arrow, we recognize that financial rewards and great benefits are important aspects of an ideal job. That’s why we offer competitive financial compensation, including various compensation plans, and a solid benefits package.
- Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance, 401k, With Matching Contributions
- Health Savings Account (HSA)/Health Reimbursement Account (HRA) Options
- Paid Time Off
- Career Growth Opportunities
- Discounted RTD Passes, with convenient office location off RTD Light Rail (Dry Creek Exit)
- On-site Café with Catering Option for Busy Lifestyles
- 24/7/365 On-site Gym and Lockers, Free for Use to All Employees!
- Bike Racks
- And more!
Arrow is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. (Arrow EEO/AAP policy)