Field Sales Manager at Arrow Electronics, Inc.
Position:Field Sales Manager
● Responsible for driving strategy and delivering results: Makes recommendations to General Manager/ Sales Director on strategy and customer plans. Through data analysis and past experience make solid decisions on strategy and direction. Direct value-added sales opportunities by implementing supply chain, engineering, supplier, or service excellence strategies. Identifies and helps achieve sales branch goals, not just team goals.
● Manage Team: Recruits, hires and mentors sales staff. Manage employee performance. Ensure team is trained and has resources to deliver sales plans. Coach and provide feedback to employees. Deliver high potential sales representatives for future management roles. Use managerial courage to make difficult decisions when necessary. Prepare development plans for employees.
● Develop customer, supplier and vendor relationships: Enhance manager relationships with key contacts by providing superior service and operation excellence. Implement effective and practiced techniques for solving problems. Effectively communicate with all levels (supplier, customer, vendor). Attend reviews and meetings. Increase management presence at customer accounts in order to achieve access to decision makers.
● Leadership: Act as leader in the branch. Instill vision and create enthusiasm to achieve goals. Use data and analysis to make recommendations to team and to management. Responsible for budgeting and planning. Key leader in facilitating implementation of process improvement based on data.
●This job profile requires the assignment and participation in a sales compensation plan. A portion of OTE will be variable and tied to specific sales-related goals as set forth by Arrow.
● Manages professional employees and/or supervisors or supervises large, complex technical or business support or production operations team(s)
● Is accountable for the performance and results of a team within own discipline or function
● Adapts departmental plans and priorities to address resource and operational challenges
● Decisions are guided by policies, procedures and business plan; receives guidance from senior manager
● Provides technical guidance to employees, colleagues and/or customers
● Accountable for results of a small team
● Exercises limited management authority; sets employee performance objectives, conducts performance reviews and recommends pay actions
● Defines team operating standards and ensures essential procedures are followed based on knowledge of own discipline
- Field Sales Manager for Storage managing sales staff for Lenovo, Nutanix, Commvault and Hitachi lines.
Experience / Education
Typically requires a minimum of 8 years of related experience with a 4-year degree; or 6 years and an advanced degree; or equivalent experience.