Field Application Engineer (Timing & Clocking)
Field Application Engineer (Timing & Clocking)
Are you a self-starter? Do you think different? At Arrow Electronics, our values system empowers our employees to develop and thrive in a supportive, collaborative, professional, global, and rewarding working environment. We embrace change and continuous improvement, driving both to the mutual benefit of our clients and ourselves. We are looking for like-minded people who can share our passion for success.
As a Timing & Clocking Field Application Engineer, you will engage with clients to create technical solutions while identifying and building new business using your engineering expertise. You will be expected to reframe their thinking and build consensus for our partner: Silicon Labs, co-creating value by delivering the freedom to innovate.
- Provides pre-sales and post-sales technical support for the development and implementation of complex products, applications and solutions across all Silicon Labs product lines, with an emphasis on Timing Solutions.
- To be an authority on all phases of Timing Solutions, including Clock Tree requirements analysis, Schematic and PCB Layout design and reviews, and Timing System measurement and analysis tools.
- Customer interface, through the Field Applications team with the goal of targeting timing/clocking solutions.
- Provide production support that includes evaluate defects, investigate cause and devise solutions to address defects.
- Advise on implementation of innovative ideas and solutions for assigned clients with our local Field Applications/Sales Teams.
- Utilize engineering design skills, techniques and knowledge to help the client decrease time to market, reduce overall system cost and improve end product performance.
- Utilize a Client Engagement Process to drive design wins to revenue at assigned clients
- Use insight and influencing skills to offer clients unique perspectives on technology that links to Silicon Labs solutions.
- Identify key client stakeholders and coach them to build consensus for Silicon Labs solutions within their organization.
- Contribute and participate within a global team environment to successfully develop and implement strategies for assigned clients across all global locations.
- Communicate effectively with multiple Arrow and Silicon Labs Business Units for technical assistance and provide quantifiable feedback to measure ROI in assigned client investments (solutions and products).
- Coach, mentor and train other ESC Engineering team members as needed.
- Assist launches of new product introductions
Engineering Skill Set Required
- Must have in-depth experience with Crystal Oscillators (XO, VCO, VCXO, TCXO, OCXO), and/or Atomic References
- Must have thorough understanding of jitter, phase noise, Frequency accuracy and stability as it refers to these products.
- Ability to design and implement interfacing to different high-speed logic systems such as LVPECL, LVCMOS, LVDS and HCSL
- Must have creativity and initiative to see a client need and do whatever it takes to meet that need including bringing in other solutions.
- Must have the ability to engage with the client deep enough to be able construct a system level timing tree and a detailed block diagram of the product being developed.
- Board level experience including power supply decoupling, crystal circuit layout, high speed signal terminations and routing.
- System level debug with the ability to dig into system level issues to assist clients in identifying the root cause.
Qualifications and Experience
- 3-5 years of relevant industry experience with Timing architecture definition, design, and support, including High Speed Serial IO and/or Networking
- 3-5 years of experience with lab equipment such as oscilloscopes and signal analyzers.
- Experience in making wide bandwidth or very high bandwidth measurements using Oscilloscopes, and phase noise using spectrum analyzers.
- 2+ years of experience in semiconductor applications/sales.
- Strong problem-solving and debugging skills, with ability to work in a multi-discipline matrixed team environment.
- Familiarity with communication, industrial and aerospace products and designs are bonus.
- A Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science with a strong academic track record.
What We Offer at Arrow:
At Arrow, we are driving innovation and choice by offering employees a variety of benefits designed to keep you and your family physically and financially healthy.
Not only do we offer a competitive salary and work-life balance, we offer benefits to match your needs:
- Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance
- 401k, With Matching Contributions
- Paid Time Off
- Health Savings Account (HSA)/Health Reimbursement Account (HRA) Options
- Growth Opportunities
- Short-Term/Long-Term Disability Insurance
- And more!
Who We Are:
Arrow Electronics is an American Fortune 500 company headquartered in Centennial, Colorado. The company specializes in distribution and value-added services relating to electronic components and computer products.
Boston - Peabody
Customer Facing/Supplier Facing