ESC Applications Engineer
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- They are responsible for working independently in various design and development capacities, including be not limited to the following; aid in specification & architecture definition, scheduling, detailed design and verification.
- Understand business needs and processes; helps identify solutions, present and guide project team/sponsors in identifying the best solution.
- Participate in requirements analysis; design applications based on system requirements and architecture, prototype if necessary.
- Contribute to the enhancement of the Project Development process and standards, along with the associated tools that support those processes.
- Provide production support that includes evaluate defects, investigate cause and devise solutions to address defects.
TECHNICAL SPECIALITY: Embedded Hardware / Software Specialist
- Experience in detailed design of Embedded Processor & Control Systems systems using, but not limited to the following;
- 8/16/32-bit MCU’s and High-end 32-bit MPU sub-systems.
- Memory & Interface solutions including; PCIe, DDR3/4, Ethernet, I2C, SPI, USB, etc.
- Timing and Thermal analysis techniques and processes
- Working knowledge of Cadence ORCAD toolset or other similar design automation tools
- Experience in development of Embedded Firmware and Linux based SW systems using some or all of the following programming languages;
- C, C++, SQL, Python, Java, Linux, etc
- Use of Version Control processes a plus.
EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS: 4 year college degree required in engineering and/or computer science.
EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS: Typically requires a minimum of 5-7 years of related experience with a 4 year degree; or 4 years and an advanced degree; or equivalent experience.