At Rachio you will work as a Front End Engineer using the latest front end technologies to build responsive, cutting edge UI applications. These engineering efforts will help expand our capabilities, enabling customers to continue saving water and creating sustainable yards. We have already helped our customers collectively save billions of gallons of water through our smart irrigation controller. This role will help us expand this impact even more as we bring our advanced technology to the yard and garden nutrient space. You will report to the Director of Engineering and work as part of an agile team, playing a technical hands on leadership role, giving you the responsibility and autonomy to succeed.
You will be involved in every aspect of the ideation to implementation process. In addition, you will collaborate with multiple aspects of the business, think and act creatively, and have broad responsibility over our web domain. If you seek to join a mission-based company that is having a positive impact on the world, this opportunity is for you.
Our website is Rachio’s largest public-facing asset and most powerful brand property. As such, it is the key to our growth. In this role, you will see the direct impact of your work on key performance indicators and ultimately Rachio’s success.
Rachio’s mission is to make sustainable water use effortless and personally rewarding for our customers. Through our integrated approach to efficient watering and sustainability - combining our industry-leading smart sprinkler controller with natural soil treatments - we aim to revolutionize yard care.Job Roles and Responsibilities
- Collaborate with the Consumer team to implement solutions for business requirements
- Translate UX design mockups, prototypes, and user stories into working solutions
- Complete engineering projects with agreed upon time and high quality targets using agile development methodology
- Consistently review new and emerging technologies for potential benefit to our web ecosystem
- Develop and manage a highly optimized user web experience, including educational marketing content flow and e-commerce purchase funnel in partnership with the Consumer team
- 5+ years of experience building mobile-first web applications
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices including coding standards, unit testing, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
- Experience with modern tools and environments (e.g. web services, bug/issue tracking tools)
- Ability to problem solve other modern web technologies
- Experience architecting, building, and maintaining a direct to consumer subscription related retail shopping website
- Experience with modern web management tools such as Google Tag Manager and an ability to implement/maintain other API-based tools
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to communicate complex concepts with both business stakeholders and engineers
- Salary Range: $115,000 - $130,000
- Stock options
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance -- premiums are 100% paid for employees and 60% paid for dependents
- Due to COVID-19, Rachio is currently fully remote. We are exploring our options for in-person engagement for 2021 and are open to this being a full-time remote position with some travel.
- Unlimited vacation
- 401(k) plan (matching as of April 2021)
- Professional Development budget
- Work From Home stipend
- Relaxed dress code
- Please apply via our careers page
- Example websites or portfolios of your work are appreciated.
We strive to create an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive, feel a sense of belonging, and do great work together. As an equal opportunity employer, we prohibit any unlawful discrimination against a job applicant on the basis of their race, color, religion, veteran status, sex, parental status, gender identity or expression, transgender status, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or genetic information. We respect the laws enforced by the EEOC and are dedicated to going above and beyond in fostering diversity across our company.