Web Development Lead at Marijuana Business Daily
Marijuana Business Daily (MJBizDaily) is the oldest and fastest-growing producer of B2B news, analysis, trade shows and conferences serving executives, entrepreneurs and major investors in the $14 billion global cannabis and hemp industries. Founded in 2011, MJBizDaily has been on the Inc. 500 and 5000 lists for the past three years. Among its many offerings, the company produces the industry’s largest B2B trade show, MJBizCon, which attracted over 27,000 attendees in 2018 and has received numerous awards for its unprecedented growth.
We are currently seeking an experienced Web Development Lead to drive direction and growth of a four-person web development team, while also directly participating in the full web development life cycle.
You will be based in our Lakewood office (with a gym and café in the building) and receive a competitive salary, paid time off, a 401(k) with an automatic annual company contribution and health benefits. We offer a great work-life balance including a generous time-off policy and flexible work schedule. You will thrive in this fast-paced environment if you are collaborative, a team player, innovative and eager to learn one of the most rapidly growing and changing industries in the U.S.
Here at MJBizDaily we like what we do, and who we do it with.
What we’re looking for you to do:
- Oversee web infrastructure and improvements for a portfolio of media and event web sites
- Demonstrate a passion for technologies, and introduce advancements that provide value
- Empower a dedicated team of developers via a lightweight, agile management style
- Roll up your sleeves and knock out web development work, whenever appropriate
- Continually seek improvement in the hosting infrastructure, technology stacks and code quality
- Champion company priorities to prioritize shifting initiatives in a fast-paced environment
- Find the best solutions to challenges, be they elegant or complicated, best practice or innovation
- Ensure accurate tracking and assigning of tasks and defects; drive performance and monitor progress
- Optimize sites for speed, SEO, and overall user experience
- Spur efforts in testing, refactoring, usability, and automation
- Mentor team members; encourage career growth and collaboration
- Build team further via mentorship, hiring as appropriate, encouragement of career growth and collaboration
- Assist with non-web-development projects when necessary
Required experience and skill sets:
- 5+ years of direct development experience
- 3+ years of experience running development teams
- Institution of effective systems in task-management software such as Jira, TeamworkPM or equivalent
- Customization and development of WordPress or similar CMS platforms
- Cloud deployment to AWS or Google Cloud, and/or experience with managed hosting
- Experience with e-commerce platforms
- Familiarity with web design best practices
- Mobile app development experience
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
Bonus experience and skill sets:
- Direct experience working for or with media or event companies
- Experience with paywall and subscription platforms
- Rapid hiring and building of development teams
What you’ll get from us:
- A competitive salary with health benefits, 401(k) and generous paid time off benefits
- A crucial role in a fun and rapidly growing environment
Marijuana Business Daily is a division of Anne Holland Ventures Inc. Anne Holland Ventures Inc. is a woman-owned, Inc. 500 business and an equal opportunity employer.