Zayo provides mission-critical bandwidth to the world’s most impactful companies, fueling the innovations that are transforming our society. Zayo’s 133,000-mile network in North America and Europe includes extensive metro connectivity to thousands of buildings and data centers. Zayo’s communications infrastructure solutions include dark fiber, private data networks, wavelengths, Ethernet, dedicated Internet access, and colocation services. Zayo owns and operates a Tier 1 IP Backbone and 44 carrier-neutral data centers. Through its Cloudlink service, Zayo provides low latency private connectivity that attaches enterprises to their public cloud environments. Zayo serves wireless and wireline carriers, media, tech, content, finance, healthcare and other large enterprises.
The Waves Engineer position is responsible for the design and project management to support the delivery of managed wavelength services. Projects may encompass greenfield builds, capacity augments, grooms, link engineering services, or decommission of circuits/systems. Budgetary and engineering skills will be used to support various stakeholders (i.e. Business Units, Engineering, Operations, Tier III, Field Services, and Architecture) in the service delivery process. A successful candidate must possess a strong project management background, a working knowledge of optical transport technologies, excellent communication skills, excellent personal management against productivity SLA’s as well as thrive in a fast-paced, cross-functional organization. Having an aptitude to prioritize tasks and timelines, while building strong relationships, are attributes we seek in qualified applicants.
- Manage projects on or before revenue commitment dates that are driving the projects.
- Track all-in progress implementation orders and their dependencies with a readout on their specific timelines.
- Organize to strong production levels using and reporting on metrics and SLAs.
- Develop strong and supportive relationships with internal partners to drive the delivery of projects on time.
- Develop efficiencies in process with internal and external partners to improve SLAs.
- Design, engineer, and provide hardware solutions to link engineer and deliver services to customers in front of revenue and customer requested dates.
- Serve as network project point-of-contact and escalation.
- Serve ad the interface between equipment vendor(s) and Zayo stakeholders as needed to validate technical specifications, hardware and software interoperability, and hardware delivery timelines.
- Facilitate cross-functional communications amongst team members to foster timely resolution of project obstacles.
- Bachelors’ degree in Telecommunications, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or 2+ years’ of relevant telecommunications engineering experience.
- Working knowledge of optical fiber technical specifications, testing, and link engineering fundamentals.
- Working knowledge of DWDM network architectures (i.e. FOADM/ROADM/PON/fixed and flex grid) and signal flow.
- Working knowledge with telecommunications service protocol structure and testing (i.e. Ethernet/OTN/SONET/SDH/SAN).
- Familiarity with the following optical transport platforms
- Familiarity with Metasolve/M6 database.
- Understanding of telemetry (DCN) network design, IP subnetting, and routing protocols (i.e. OSPF).
- Experience with data center and carrier hotel connectivity and telecommunications facility environments.
- MS Office application capabilities required (i.e. Excel/Visio/Word) and programming/scripting skills preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication/negotiating skills required for technical/non-technical audiences.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision while being a constructive contributor to a team.
- Competitive compensation
- Excellent benefits including health, dental, vision, 401 (k), disability and life insurance
- Fitness membership discounts
- Generous paid time off policy including paid parental leave