VP, Technology Operations
Reporting to the Chief Customer Officer, the Vice President Technology Operations is responsible for designing, implementing, monitoring, and scaling Vertafore's infrastructure ensuring world class service and availability. This role will oversee multiple functional areas including servers, storage, databases, virtualization, networking, NOC, telecom, engineering services and labs, incident management, desktop support, change management, procurement, budgeting and data center management.. We are looking for a leader who can partner with our product and development leadership teams to provide reliable and scalable infrastructure across our datacenters and cloud infrastructure. We are passionate about protecting our clients; we need rock solid infrastructure to achieve our mission! This important role will also be responsible for establishing architecture and standards which support the broader objectives for the company.
Core requirements and responsibilities:
Essential job functions included but are not limited to the following:
- Establish the systems and processes to ensure business continuity in the event of natural disaster, system failures and other events which could disrupt business.
- Ensure maximum uptime and stability in the company's systems and networks.
- Effectively influence change and work toward best practices, at an enterprise scale. The individual must be a quick learner with the ability to integrate constantly changing dynamics into an evolving enterprise.
- Work and collaborate with key stakeholders to identify the right opportunities and put together strategies to move forward.
- Execute successfully through diligent planning, effective delegation and efficient decision making.
- Ability to work well through ambiguity, confidence in making tough calls and leading through adversity with a sharp focus on the right outcome.
- Track and analyze metrics to inform on efforts. Partner very closely with the Information Security team to deliver a highly secure infrastructure.
- Collaborate effectively with department directors, company executive, and key executives across the organization.
- Lead the development and evolution of technology standards to achieve business objectives.
- Lead complex projects and initiatives and coordinate effectively between various IT teams, internal stakeholders, and valued company suppliers/partners.
- Identify system needs, capture requirements, evaluate current state environments, assess risks, convey architectural recommendations and pursue resolutions of factors impeding success.
- Ensure major programs and projects of high impact to the organization and our customers are delivered, on time, on budget, and with quality.
- Support the integration of acquisitions by leveraging a repeatable scalable model.
- Hire great people and create a team culture of accountability and maintain morale and high standards.
- Build and manage financial plans and budgets.
- Manage vendor relationships and drive vendor negotiations.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
The ideal candidate for this role has operated in a SaaS commercial product engineering leadership role with a passion for site reliability engineering (SRE) as well as managed a large internal IT landscape. The candidate must possess a history strong technical leadership in a similar environment and a proven track record for delivering highly successful projects. Develop and implement the strategy for how information technology will be used to support and protect the company's global business interests. Plan, implement, 24x7 monitor, and scale the entire infrastructure for a fast-growing global organization. Lead our global ITIL based Service Desk, Problem Management, and Change Management teams.
- Bachelor's Degree & MBA or equivalent in related field.
- 10+ years of progressively responsible work experience in IT, SaaS Ops or similar field.
- Strong history of leadership, managing a diverse team in multiple locations
- Strong background in all aspects of infrastructure management
- Excellent process and best practice acumen, vendor management, delivering increased availability and service for customers.
- SLA management experience.
- Ability to drive transformation across teams.
Additional Requirements and Details:
· Travel required up to 15% of the time.
· Located and working from an office location.
· Occasional lifting and/or moving up to 10 pounds.
· Frequent repetitive hand and arm movements required to operate a computer.
· Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision (working on a computer, etc.).
· Frequent sitting and/or standing.
Vertafore is a drug free workplace and conducts preemployment drug and background screenings.
The selected candidate must be legally authorized to work in the United States.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all the job responsibilities, duties, skill, or working conditions. In addition, this document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an "at will" relationship.
Vertafore strongly supports equal employment opportunity for all applicants regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law.