Vice President Software Engineering
Cooler Screens was founded on the core idea that consumers deserve a far better experience than what is available today in bricks-and-mortar retail. We call this concept “CX” and it guides all that we do. We have begun the CX journey by bringing what consumers love about shopping on-line to the frozen and refrigerated food aisle.
Cooler Screens is re-imagining the business of brick-and-mortar retail for retailers and brands. We are transforming retail cooler surfaces into IoT enabled screens that deliver new marketing opportunities and smart merchandising for the ultimate shopper experience. Cooler Screens is building the world’s first and largest in-store digital media and edge computing platform at the retail point-of-sale.
Cooler Screens is powered by innovative technologies and a global network of industry-leading partners. Global technology, CPG, and retail leaders have partnered with Cooler Screens to be part of this important and rapidly growing industry initiative. We are backed and led by some of the most prominent Silicon Valley and Chicago leaders, advisers, and investors.
As the VP Software Engineering you will be responsible for leading, planning, organizing, controlling, and setting strategies for the software application portfolio and related support services. You will be a primary point of contact to functional areas in all matters concerning current systems, current support capacity and future technology resources.
What You Will Do
- Drive a robust software development life cycle and process that includes requirements definition, resource and schedule estimation, sprint execution, and feature roll-outs
- Use your strong engineering, leadership, and organizational development skills to drive application delivery, process improvement, employee engagement and development, and client satisfaction
- Risk-mitigation planning to proactively address technical risk
- Participate in setting the technology vision and roadmap for the department and the company
- Own and manage the day to day relationship and integration with multiple 3rd party contractor and service providers
- Support and enforce the use of standards, procedures, best practices and methodologies
- Manage timely resolution of all critical and/or complex problems with the different platforms in all environments
- Manage risks and dependencies across teams
- Scale and aggressively grow the team while providing technical direction, guidance, mentoring and hands-on management
- Work with an entrepreneurial mindset and laser focus on problem solving, managing deliverables and deployments
- Build a solid core of technical skills and expand the company’s intellectual property
- Partner with product management to define and implement a product roadmap and set the priority of new products and features
Who You Are
- Well-respected technology leader with 10+ years of progressive software engineering management experience
- Expert in delivering both cloud-based applications and distributed computing solutions (e.g. IoT)
- Foster a collaborative team environment that encourages continuous improvement
- Strong recruiter of new talent
- Experienced in AdTech and/or similar technologies
- Knowledgeable of system architecture, technical design, and system and software development technology
- Strong track record of success bringing complex software systems from concept, through development, and into production that have achieved or surpassed business goals
- Experience building a fast-paced, continuous delivery culture
- Ability to multi-task and drive parallel projects with tight deadlines
For the right candidate, we have a competitive compensation and ownership package with an excellent benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, 401(k), life insurance, paid time off, and many other perks. Come join our fast-growing team. You can be based in Chicago or possibly elsewhere.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, native origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or veteran status.