Guild is hiring a VP, Engineering. We’re looking for a Vice President (VP) of Engineering with experience managing agile development teams across multiple domains within the engineering organization. Our VP of Engineering will be responsible for ensuring that our software meets product requirements while also delivering a consistent user experience, high reliability and is built for long term scalability. You’ll be managing an entire team of engineering managers, directors and engineers, collaborating with the product managers and other cross-functional leaders in the organization, helping to build and execute on the technical vision.
As VP, Engineering, you will:
- Lead a large team of 50+ engineers across various domains and functional engineering areas.
- Design, implement, and monitor all development operations and key performance metrics/operational efficiency for the engineering team.
- Recruit, develop and retain top engineering talent. Work with recruiting to put together a hiring plan and strategy that supports both growth and diversity.
- Ensure delivery of high quality, secure and reliable software systems aligned with the needs of the business across multiple teams.
- Lead and deliver on technical strategy and guide teams through technology decisions pragmatically.
- Partner with product and work cross-functionally with other leaders in the organization to build out and prioritize technical roadmaps.
- Recommend new technology and technical enhancements to improve efficiency and scalability within the engineering organization.
- Inspire and motivate teams in a remote working environment.
You are a strong fit for this role if you have:
- Experience managing 50+ engineering organizations and across multiple engineering domains.
- Strong verbal, visual, and written communication skills with the ability to explain approach to all levels in the organization including key stakeholders and leaders.
- Able to think strategically and see the big picture while also focusing teams on execution and delivery.
- Ability to communicate objectives and goals broadly to engineering teams.
- Experience managing and mentoring managers and directors and building out career pathing in an organization.
- Proven success working closely with Product Management, contributing to the product strategy and helping to successfully deliver on the product and technical roadmap.
Guild is increasing economic mobility for working adults by partnering with the largest employers in the country to offer education as a benefit to their employees via our marketplace of nonprofit universities and education institutions. Guild’s proprietary technology platform facilitates the administration of this innovative benefit and our team of coaches helps each employee navigate the path back to school, providing individualized support from day one through program completion.
We also just became the latest female-led company to hit a $1billion valuation and the only B-corp with those qualifications. Our Series D round was led by Ken Chenault, General Catalyst Partners chairman and former CEO of AMEX, and joined by Emerson Collective, LeadEdge Capital, and Iconiq.
Guild Education is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.