Inboxlab is a leading digital publisher that harnesses the power of email as an ideal way to deliver exceptional editorial experiences to millions of readers every day. We grew out of the creativity and passion of our founder, Nicholas Pardon, a pioneer in email innovation. We started with a keen eye for what people want to receive in their inbox, and then we built proprietary technology that helps forge sustainable connections with target audiences. With this creative and technology platform, we have successfully launched a portfolio of brands that engage our readers’ curiosity and their desire to always be learning.
Recognized as a Top 50 Startup to Watch in 2019 by Built In Colorado, Inboxlab is proud to be based in Denver and New York City and quickly adding to its team of go-getters and entrepreneurs.
Inboxlab presently focuses on two verticals: travel and gamified education (edutainment). Our mission-based flagship travel brand, The Discoverer, reaches 3,000,000+ subscribers with its weekly editions and our Inbox Edutainment network currently serves 50,000,000+ trivia and quiz plays per month.
ABOUT THE ROLE
As the Vice President of Engineering, you will report directly into the CTO at Inboxlab and be responsible for product development within the Engineering team. You will be helping develop engineering leaders, solve problems, create efficient processes and quality standards as well as keep the team productive and happy. You'll also be working closely with the Product team to ensure the product roadmap is achievable and is being delivered on time and with high quality.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING
- Build, retain and lead a world-class product development team through coaching, mentorship, and technical guidance.
- Work closely with the Product team and other departments to help scale our product development operations to meet our product needs.
- Implement efficiencies and structure in engineering processes and standards to drive consistent delivery of quality development.
- Prioritize software development needs including design, development, and documenting and testing new and existing features.
- Work closely and collaboratively with different departments, customers, and stakeholders to meet our customer and product needs.
- Advocate/lead best practices for performance, reliability, scalability, security, and reusability.
- Communicate with the management team and translate business needs into technical specifications and requirements.
- Work in a product development process that is primarily agile/scrum.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED TO BRING
- 5+ years of experience building software or supporting software delivery.
- You have managed teams that build software or support web-based software delivery in some way: Development, testing/QA, product management, release management, program management, production operations, and technical support.
- You offer an entrepreneurial spirit and strive to develop top performing engineering teams.
- The ideal candidate will have a vast network of engineering talent and have a strong presence in the technology community.
- You have managed people from an HR perspective, including recruiting, hiring, retention, coaching, career planning, performance management and reviews.
- You have defined, implemented, or improved processes for your teams.
- You have experience with software architecture and building web technology at scale.
At Inboxlab we aim to provide equal opportunity for all! We are firm believers in the strength of diversity and aim to build teams of individuals that offer unique perspectives, come from different backgrounds and challenge each other to be better every day!