AirDNA began with a big dream in a balmy California garage in 2015. Since then, the technology startup has grown into the leading provider of data and business intelligence for the billion-dollar travel and vacation rental industry—with offices in Denver and Barcelona.
Our self-serve MarketMinder platform eliminates guesswork and equips Airbnb hosts with smart and competitive insights needed to succeed in the ever-evolving short-term rental landscape.
We also arm enterprise clients with customized reports and in-depth dashboards to ensure they can scale and invest strategically. These customers include hundreds of top financial institutions, real estate companies, vacation rental managers, and destination marketing organizations around the world.
We track the daily performance of over 10 million Airbnb and Vrbo properties across 120,000 global markets. We also collect data from over a million partner properties. This marriage of scraped and source data, enhanced by our proprietary algorithms, makes our solutions the most accurate and comprehensive in the world.
We’re firm believers that data isn’t the destination; it’s the starting point. The launchpad. The bedrock for any future-forward business.
The AirDNA Team
At AirDNA, we’re a team of data nerds on a mission to empower our customers to smartly grow their businesses. And we're looking for people with a broad range of experiences and perspectives, who are excited by our mission, values, and drive to change the short-term rental market. In short: Life is never boring here. And we genuinely live and breathe our company values: Happy, Hungry and Honest. People who are ready to exemplify these values are especially encouraged to apply. We invite you to apply even if you are unsure about whether you meet every single requirement in this posting. We carefully consider every application, not just those that check off all the boxes.
The VP Engineering will manage the teams that build, operate, and support capabilities enabling the product vision and broader company technology needs at AirDNA. The VP will report to the CPO and work with them to structure our software development process and organize technical resources in a manner that helps us best deliver on our product strategy/roadmap.
Here's what you'll get to do:
- Evolve product based on roadmap and specifications provided by the product organization
- Scale the Engineering organization
- Be responsible for the overall performance and happiness of the AirDNA Engineering team and the team's relations with other departments.
Here's what you'll need to be successful:
- Has at least 7 years of experience responsible for managing Engineering teams
- Demonstrated ability to grow an Engineering organization to meet the needs of a scaling business
- Has experience in technical ecosystems that have included both data engineering and software development components
- Process oriented and has a service mindset
Here's what you can expect from us:
- Competitive cash compensation and benefits, the salary range for this position is $200,000 - $240,000 per year.
- Colorado Salary Statement: The salary range displayed in specifically for those potential hired who will work or reside in the state of Colorado if selected for this role. Any offered salary is determined based on internal equity, internal salary ranges, market data/ranges, applicant’s skills and prior relevant experience, certain degrees and certifications.
- Benefits include:
- Medical, dental, and vision packages to meet your needs
- Unlimited vacation policy; take time when you need it
- Hybrid work environment (50% in office, 50% remote)
- Quarterly team outings
- 401K with employer match up to 4%
- Continuing education stipend
- Daily in-office lunch
- We have a great office located just three blocks away from Union Station in the heart of Denver’s historic LoDo neighborhood–high ceilings, exposed brick, a fully stocked kitchen (snacks, espresso, etc.), and plenty of meeting rooms and brainstorming nooks
- Commuter/RTD benefit
- 12 weeks of paid parental leave
- New MacBooks for employees
AirDNA seeks to attract the best-qualified candidates who support the mission, vision and values of the company and those who respect and promote excellence through diversity. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, citizenship, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, physical or mental disability, marital, familial or parental status, genetic information, military status, veteran status or any other legally protected classification. The company complies with all applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment and prohibits unlawful harassment based on any of the aforementioned protected classes at every location in which the company operates. This applies to all terms, conditions and privileges of employment including but not limited to: hiring, assessments, probation, placement, benefits, promotion, demotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leave of absence, compensation, training and development, social and recreational programs, education assistance and retirement.
We are committed to making our application process and workplace accessible for individuals with disabilities. Upon request, AirDNA will reasonably accommodate applicants so they can participate in the application process unless doing so would create an undue hardship to AirDNA or a threat to these individuals, others in the workplace or the company as a whole. To request accommodation, please email [email protected]. Please allow for 24 hours to process your request.
By applying for the above position, you will confirm that you have reviewed and agreed to our Data Privacy Notice for Applicants.