VP of Corporate Engineering at Checkr
Checkr’s mission is to build a fairer future by improving understanding of the past. We believe all candidates, regardless of who they are, should have a fair chance to work. Established in 2014 and valued at $2.2B, Checkr is using technology to bring hiring to the next level. Our People Trust Platform uses machine learning to help thousands of companies modernize their background check process and make hiring safer, more efficient, and more inclusive. Some of our customers include, Uber, Instacart, Doordash, Netflix, Compass Group, and Adecco.
A career with Checkr is an opportunity to work with some of the best and brightest minds, disrupt an industry for a better future, and give otherwise overlooked candidates access to employment. Checkr has been recognized in Forbes Best Startup Employers and is a top Y Combinator company by valuation.
Checkr is looking for a VP of Corporate Engineering to help develop and mature strategic initiatives and operational capabilities. In this role, you’ll work closely with the CFO to set strategy and drive execution of enterprise-wide technology, systems, infrastructure, and technical support. This role is very cross-functional across many different teams, including Product, Engineering, Operations, Sales & Marketing, Finance, Legal and the executive team.
You will also contribute to protecting Checkr and the people who trust us with their information and safety. This work directly impacts our mission in creating a fairer future - come help us change the world!
What a typical week may look like at Checkr:
- Collaborate with internal partners to understand their information technology requirements and priorities
- Develop, maintain, and communicate Checkr’s business systems roadmap to key stakeholders across the company
- Ensure critical business data is accessible, synced and integrated across systems
- Optimize management, configuration, integrations and availability of existing information technology systems and infrastructure
- Prioritize resources, programs, projects, goals, and tasks
- Manage a high performing team
- Evaluate and implement new information technology to support a growing organization and evolving needs
What we value in a Head of Corporate Engineering:
- 12+ years of relevant leadership and practical experience in information technology (systems, infrastructure, support)
- Forward-thinking strategist with proven success in translating strategy to tactical plans with high-quality execution and delivery
- Experience with modern cloud-based SaaS and PaaS tools
- A builder mindset that can weigh alternatives of building vs. buying solutions
- Ability to manage and motivate a high performing distributed team
- Strong people skills to build collaborative relationships
- Embraces the responsibility that information technology is a critical business and productivity enabler
- Exposure to the intersection between corporate and production tools/environments/infrastructure at scale
- Knowledge and experience in information security and security engineering
- Worked in a fast paced startup environment
What you get:
- A fast-paced and collaborative environment
- Learning and development allowance
- Competitive compensation and opportunity for advancement
- 100% medical, dental and vision coverage
- Unlimited PTO policy
- Gym membership, transportation reimbursements
Equal Employment Opportunities at Checkr
Checkr is committed to hiring talented and qualified individuals with diverse backgrounds for all of its tech, non-tech, and leadership roles. Checkr believes that the gathering and celebration of unique backgrounds, qualities, and cultures enriches the workplace.
Checkr also welcomes the opportunity to consider qualified applicants with prior arrest or conviction records. Checkr’s commitment to diversity extends to hiring talented individuals in spite of a prior criminal history in accordance with local, state, and/or federal laws, including the San Francisco’s Fair Chance Ordinance.