VP, Business Systems Engineering at Prologis
Prologis is the global leader in logistics real estate. We own, manage and develop high-quality properties in the world’s most vibrant centers of commerce, approximately 990 million square feet in 19 countries. Some of the world’s largest brands (e.g., Amazon, BMW, DHL, FedEx, Pepsi) turn to us because they know an efficient supply chain will make their businesses run better, and a strategic relationship with Prologis will create competitive advantage. As the top ranked U.S. company and sixth overall among the Global 100 Most Sustainable Corporations in the World, we take our global footprint seriously.
Job Title:VP, Business Systems Engineering
PrologisDo you want to play a role in global commerce?
The VP of Business Systems Engineering is responsible for global program leadership and strategic direction for Prologis’ core systems including Salesforce.com CRM, Peoplesoft ERP, Yardi property management, Workday HRM, QA Testing functions, and associated systems. The VP of Business Systems Engineering is responsible for the stable, secure, and timely operation of these core platforms and associated applications supporting the Leasing, Property Management, Capital Deployment, Finance, Accounting, Tax, Treasury, and HR functions of Prologis including oversight of third-party development and support partners. The VP of Business Systems Engineering leads the broader team to ensure successful management of platform lifecycle and maintenance projects, as well as on-scope and on budget business project delivery supporting the core lines of business of Prologis. This role works closely with business leaders to define, manage, and direct functional roadmap development and execution, operational support, and proactive management of the overall program including adherence to SOX requirements and yearly SOX compliance audits as appropriate. The role will engage directly on projects while in other cases will lead project resources supporting other business initiatives and capabilities. The VP of Business Systems Engineering position has 4 direct reports.What’s needed in order to do that:
- Directs a team responsible for delivery of programs and projects supporting the core applications of the company including Salesforce.com CRM, Peoplesoft ERP, Yardi, Workday HRM platforms, QA Testing functions, and associated applications
- Directs yearly program roadmap and budget, supporting business case and various enterprise-wide projects and program plans
- Oversees Agile sprint development of various workstreams and delivery streams supporting Prologis core business functions and systems
- Manages teams to execute projects and adjusts project scope, timing, and budgets as needed, based on the needs of the business
- Manages identification, triage, escalation, and timely resolution of platform issues in partnership with business teams, IT Infrastructure and third-party support organizations
- Manages business and partner relationships, BSE budget, scope, and resourcing with third-party development and support providers
- Creates and cultivates strong relationships with key business area leadership and managed service providers
- Manages software license compliance for core applications and associated applications
- Accountable for resource planning and assignments, directing work efforts, reviewing integrated project plans, escalating & communicating resource needs, ensuring completion of quality reviews, and driving the resolution of issues as appropriate
- Accountable for yearly SOX controls verifications and operational procedures in partnership with IT and Corporate Compliance teams
- Accountable for team leadership, coaching, mentoring, and development to create a highly effective and agile team
- Accountable for the creation and accurate management of yearly budgets for the core systems covering both platform lifecycle work and project budgets
- Partners with Business Capability owners to define yearly capability roadmap and translation of capability requirements to technical, resource, and budget requirements
- Partners with IT Enterprise Architecture team to ensure project definition and delivery is in line with stated architecture standards
- Partners with IT Security team to ensure proper security controls and processes are identified, implemented, and maintained
- Partners with Data Management team to ensure core systems data and associated system data adheres to data governance requirements and policies
- Partners with senior leadership of the business community to identify and prioritize opportunities to achieve the goals of the enterprise
- Partners with senior level management with minimal direction
- Participates in industry and technology events and forums such as Dreamforce, Oracle World
- Manage issues associated with strategy and program interdependence, as well as resource allocation
- Manage external vendors, offshore resources and coordinates with internal teams necessary for timely completion
- Assists with requirements analysis, and communicates the goals and objectives to the solution architect and development resources
- Collaborate with the VMO team for the vetting and management of vendors, including coordinating execution of NDA’s, MSA’s, SOW’s and similar contracts to procure adequate resources to achieve Lab objectives in planned timeframes
- Performs other duties as deemed necessary by Prologis CTO and SVP of Business Systems Engineering, Architecture & Emerging Technologies
Tell us if you're ready.
- Minimum 15 years of relevant experience leading large, global technology teams
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- Proven history leading larger software development organizations
- Proven leadership fostering strong relationships with business and vendor-partners
- Proven history leading and directing cross-functional teams supporting Salesforce.com CRM, Peoplesoft ERP (or equivalent ERP), and teams supporting large, global organizations
- Prior experience working with diverse teams to support large, global technology environments
- Working knowledge of Salesforce.com CRM platform including functional attributes of Salesforce (account, opportunity, Salesforce partner ecosystem, Lightning)
- Working knowledge of Peoplesoft ERP (or equivalent ERP) platforms including functional attributes of Peoplesoft ERP (AP, AR, GL, PO, T&E, Treasury)
- Experience in ERP Cloud hosting (AWS, Azure) and moving ERP platforms to the cloud a plus
- Proven history and experience with Agile methodology, user stories, sprint creation and management, and requirements analysis
- Proven history leveraging third-party partners, off-shore development teams, and managed service providers to provide flex resourcing to support unplanned project needs and requirements
- Prior experience with companies that own and manage commercial or industrial real estate a plus
- Commitment to quality work and project results
- Ability to manage in a fast-paced environment with rapidly changing priorities
- Strong skills in understanding complex technical architecture, system interfaces and enterprise application integration concepts, as well as knowledge of hardware and database technologies
- Direct experience with Agile methodology, user stories, sprint creation and management, and requirements analysis
- High degree of ‘learning agility’ with the ability to readily consume and apply new information and concepts with developed analytical problem-solving skills
- Excellent leadership and teamwork skills
- Proven ability to establish and maintain effective work relationships with all levels of individuals both internally and externally
- Ability to work collaboratively and partner with business leadership, employees, and vendors
- Demonstrated ability to work in a virtual, global organization
- Able to work independently and cooperatively
- Excellent listening, communication, and presentation skills including the ability to translate strategy and technology into business terms
- Must have legal authorization to work in the United States
- Must be willing and able to travel globally up to 30%
Hiring Salary Range of $185,000 - $231,000. Salary and whole compensation package (bonus target and RSU's) to be determined by the candidate’s education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity and alignment with market data.
All full-time roles in the US come with a robust benefits package which includes healthcare, dental, and vision insurance for employees and eligible dependents. Prologis also offers several other wellness, financial, and work/lifestyle-specific benefits. Our 401(k)-retirement plan has a company match of 50% up to 12% of eligible compensation. We also offer generous PTO with a starting accrual of 22 days a year in addition to paid holidays and volunteer time.#LI-LG
Each of us working at Prologis plays an essential role in the enduring success of our company. We value people who are decisive, courageous and adaptable. While we are one company, locations and departments operate with autonomy and accountability. Individuals take the initiative here.
When you join Prologis, you work shoulder to shoulder with some of the top talent in the industry to do the best work of your career. Every employee belongs. Every employee contributes. Employees advance their careers here.
As a successful global enterprise, Prologis has never lost sight of what matters most, our strong belief that our people are the most important part of our business. And because of that, we provide a generous total rewards package and take a lot of time to focus on quality management and leadership development. People come first here.All job offers are contingent upon successful completion of drug screen and background verification. Prologis is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religions, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Employment Type:Full time
Additional Locations:San Francisco, California
As a condition to the commencement of your employment, Prologis requires proof of full vaccination against COVID-19. You are considered fully vaccinated two (2) weeks after your second dose in a two-dose series, such as the Pfizer or Moderna vaccines, or two (2) weeks after a single-dose vaccine, such as the Johnson & Johnson vaccine. In addition, due to how highly transmittable the Omicron variant is, we are now requiring all employees to get a vaccine booster when eligible. Prologis will consider requests for a reasonable accommodation as to the vaccination requirement on the basis of a disability or sincerely-held religious belief in accordance with applicable law.