Video System Software Technical Lead at Zoom Video Communications (Remote)
In most cases, you will have the opportunity to choose your preferred working location from the following options when you join Zoom: in-person, hybrid or remote. Visit this page for more information about Zoom's Workstyles .
Zoomies help people stay connected so they can get more done together. We set out to build the best video product for the enterprise, and today help people communicate better with products like Zoom Contact Center, Zoom Phone, Zoom Events, Zoom Apps, Zoom Rooms, and Zoom Webinar.
We're problem-solvers, working at a fast pace to design solutions with our customers and users in mind. Here, you'll work across teams to deliver impactful projects that are changing the way people communicate and enjoy opportunities to advance your career in a diverse, inclusive environment.
You will join the Video Engineering team as a Video System Software Engineer where you are going to develop and integrate video related modules for Zoom's products!
We are seeking a Video System Software Engineer to work on our Zoom video product portfolio and provide our customers superior video experiences with quality and stability. You will work on system level, develop, integrate and test software modules across various hardware platforms and cloud components. You will maintain and expand the current and emerging Zoom technologies on video products, present and demonstrate your work to team members and stakeholders.
- Participate in the architecture design and software implementation of Zoom video products in both frontend and backend.
- Evaluate and integrate third party platforms into Zoom video services.
- Design and develop software models/scripts for the integration and evaluation.
- Validate functionalities/qualities, and communicate with hardware partners.
- Work with product owners and platform operation owners for selection decisions and certifications.
- Enhance and extend video related analytics and continuous improvement.
- Bachelor or Master degree in engineering fields such as Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Applied Mathematics.
- Experiences with real time communication/streaming protocols and video technologies.
- Knowledge of image and video compression and processing.
- Experienced programming skills and proficient with C/C++.
- Knowledge at cross platform development, such as windows, macOS, centOS linux etc.
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills.
- Familiar with media container protocols and media protocols such as MP4, FLV, HLS, RTP, RTCP, SRTP etc.
- Familiar with media framework development, such as DirectX, Openmax, Gstreamer etc.
- Familiar with video coding standards.
- Familiar with Python.
- Familiar with multi-threaded programming and communication mechanisms.
- Familiar with multimedia streaming/data processing flow.
- Familiar with deep learning frameworks such as TensorFlow, PyTorch, Keras, Caffe.
- Familiar with UVC (USB video class) HID (Human interface device).
We believe that the unique contributions of all Zoomies is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status. Zoom is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives including qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records and any qualified applicants requiring reasonable accommodations in accordance with the law. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a medical condition, or if you need assistance accessing our website or completing the application process, please let us know by emailing us at [email protected] .
Zoom requires all U.S. employees who will work in person at a Zoom office, attend in-person Zoom meetings or have in-person customer meetings to be fully vaccinated. Zoom will consider requests for reasonable accommodations for religious or medical reasons as required under applicable law.
At Zoom, we care about our employees, their families, and their well-being. As part of our award-winning workplace culture and commitment to delivering happiness, our benefits program offers a variety of perks, benefits, and options to help employees maintain their physical, mental, emotional, and financial health; support work-life balance; and contribute to their community in meaningful ways. To view our benefits, click here .
- Hear from our leadership team
- Browse Awards and Employee Reviews on Comparably
- Visit our Blog
- Zoom with us!
- Find us on social at the links below and on Instagram
- View more jobs, sign up for job alerts and join our talent community. Visit the Zoom careers site .