Vice President, Software Engineering
Our ideal candidate is a proven technology leader with a history of building and developing high performing Engineering teams. You will be responsible for core engineering functions related to several key products as well as strategic investment areas related to these products. The successful candidate will demonstrate the Alteryx core values of customer emphasis, innovation, compassion, accountability and character and have a passion for developing people.
- Accountable for delivering amazing product outcomes through your teams in area(s) of ownership, building reliable, scalable and highly performant products and features using industry best practices
- Hire, inspire, and lead multiple high-performing, multi-site teams (Broomfield, Prague, Kiev)
- Contribute to a great work environment by providing exemplary leadership (modeling) to your leadership team and team members
- Partner with product and cross-functional teams to ensure successful and effective execution, maximizing productivity and product quality, while minimizing attrition
- Plan and allocate resources to meet product engineering goals
- Develop technical strategy for area(s) of ownership, collaborating with Engineering leadership to ensure strategy fits into overall Alteryx technical strategy
- Act as a strong advocate for quality in our products, developing/enhancing standards and procedures to ensure quality standards are not only met but exceeded
- Work with fellow Engineering leadership to optimize our software delivery processes and tools, leveraging/establishing delivery and quality metrics to identify opportunities
- Ensure progress on technical debt and cross-cutting initiatives (such as localization) across iterations and releases
- Manage the operational, budgetary, and financial responsibilities and activities in area(s) of ownership
- At least 15 years of experience in software development (SaaS, On-Premise, desktop) with at least 5 years of experience in a similar leadership role in the software industry preferably analytics
- Demonstrable experience and interest in architecting modern software products/solutions (e.g. Single Page Applications, REST based APIs, Microservices); familiarity with relevant design principles and patterns
- Deep understanding and commitment to software engineering principles/processes (e.g. Agile, DevOps, CI/CD, TDD, XP) and continuous improvement through measurement
- Proven experience and strong desire to lead; servant leader with communication, leadership, team building, and people management skills that your employees appreciate and competitors envy
- Highly experienced in managing human capital across geographies and functional areas to drive workforce development and achieve desired results.
- Cultivates an environment where associates respect and adhere to company values and ethics.
- Significant experience in budget and financial management as it relates to Engineering
- Advanced relationship management and communication skills, including partnering and consulting with executive/C-level roles
- Advanced multi-tasking and prioritization skills.
- Strong skills in critical thinking, decision making, problem solving, and attention to detail
- Experience with Analytics and Big Data
- Experience transitioning teams to embrace a DevOps culture
- Bachelor's degree (masters preferred) in computer science or a related field or equivalent experience
- Experience working with C++, Python, C#, and/or Node
- Experience with development and deployment of desktop, server, and web applications