Vice President, Software Engineering at GHX
Sorry, this job was removed at 8:17 a.m. (MST) on Tuesday, November 30, 2021
The VP of Software Engineering, reporting to the Chief Technology Officer (CTO) will lead, manage, and develop a significant part of the GHX Engineering Team. This role will build upon an already strong engineering team and take it to the next level of driving innovation through focus on the customer and thought leadership in engineering practices that increase speed while maintaining world-class stability and security. In addition to leading the engineering function to deliver complex SaaS products to market, this person will be empowered to build a culture of sustained innovation in the organization. Responsibilities
- Dramatically increase innovation by partnering with product management and other disciplines at GHX to create an innovation engine to drive growth
- Formulate, socialize, and execute on GHX's applications engineering strategy to push GHX's products to the next level and drive excellence in operational efficiency
- Attract, develop, and motivate teams to build innovative products in a high-growth, entrepreneurial, results-oriented culture by finding the right balance of offshore and onsite teams
- Provide technology leadership by continuously improving low overhead software engineering processes empowering engineers to innovate fast
- 10+ years' experience in pivotal leadership roles leading engineering groups for large and complex SaaS businesses
- Experience managing leadership-level individuals and managing a broader team of engineers, including a mix of both offshore and onshore employees.
- Diverse experiences in organizing engineering teams to innovate fast at scale
- Experience in Healthcare tech and/or ERP SaaS is a plus
- Strong technology chops to guide and verify architectural decisions working shoulder to shoulder with strong engineers
- Diverse experiences in fine-tuning the right engineering processes leveraging the culture of dev-ops to achieve high performance
- Track record of making and signing off on major technical and architectural decisions
- Experience in creating long term vision for engineering organizations combined with strong organizational change management skills
- Track record of getting multiple, large, and complex initiatives across the finish line
- Track record of building and launching successful products from the ground up with full lifecycle experience
- Track record of strong partnership with product management leaders to raise the bar for overall product development excellence
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with the ability to communicate technology concepts in simple terms for key stakeholders
- Strong listening skills, enabling an understanding of needs and preferences from both employees and stakeholders
- Sense of urgency to achieve results: This includes understanding the 20/80 of each situation, taking pride in our do/say ratio, taking calculated risks, and making decisions quickly.
- Attitude and ability to be a lifelong learner: We are inquisitive and curious. We dive deep. We seek data and ask questions.
- Customer Focus: We believe customer outcomes are paramount and work backward from those. We deeply understand the problems customers are facing and obsess over finding innovative solutions.
- Team players: We do what it takes to make the team win; play your position well but put the victory of the team ahead of self. We help each other achieve success.
- Humility: We value and respect one another. We seek to understand first and only then to be understood. We are honest with ourselves and others and address challenges directly.
- Transparency: We believe transparency is what keeps us on the same page and helps us make better decisions while moving fast as a team.
Read Full Job Description