Unity Tabletop Game Developer at The Last Gameboard, Inc. (Greater Denver Area, CO or Remote)
Full-time (Denver Metro, but remote OK). $70k - $80k / year + health/vision/dental.
We are a venture capital backed, female and minority founded/led, start-up with an active employee stock option pool. Equity option grants are a part of every position. Come be a key part of bringing a new gaming platform to life on a team that loves creating and gaming.
Your Mission: The mission of the Gameboard Unity Game Developer is threefold:
- Enhance today’s hottest digital tabletop games to showcase the Gameboard experience
- Push the boundaries and influence the roadmap of the Gameboard SDK
- Create great Gameboard games that showcase the functionality of the Gameboard platform.
What You’ll Do
- Meeting with the design team to discuss game concepts.
- Contributing to the overall game concept & storyline.
- Generating game scripts & storyboards.
- Translating design ideas into functional game code.
- Coding the base engine of the game.
- Contributing to audio & animation design.
- Animating characters & creating levels.
- Developing game milestones & check points.
- Troubleshooting code & fixing bugs.
- Creating game specifications & designing expansion packs.
- Integrating surface and hover touch into game play
- Integrating private screens into game play
- Enabling remote play and cross platform play
- Experience in a game studio environment with multiple teams and modular code structure.
- Ability to design applications around natural user interfaces, such as “touch”.
- Familiarity with mobile/tablet hardware interfaces (camera, gyroscope, etc.)
- Based in the Americas - preferably the Denver/Boulder Metro area. This can be a remote position, but you’ll need to be a similar time zone to most of our team.
- Proficient in Unity (3-5 years+)
- Have launched at least one game on Steam, Epic, or console game stores, using their services
- Comfortable working with remote teams
- Experience full-cycle game design: Well-versed in best practices, production pipelines, and workflows
- Proficient with programming languages, including C/C++, Java, and C#
- Experience building libraries and APIs as well as knowledge of latest gaming trends
- Strong analytical, artistic, technical skills & ability to solve complex software/coding issues
- Sprint Adherence: Ability to accurately assess level of effort of sprint stories, development and commitment of associated code into GitHub on a weekly basis.
- Documentation: Code must be well documented and commented for future scalability alongside GitHub submissions.
- Activities: Daily Scrum meetings, bi-weekly sprint demos/reviews
- Proficiency in Unreal Engine
- Experience in porting to consoles
- Experience porting to mobile platforms like Apple and Android
- Experience with Slack, JIRA, GitLab, and Google Drive
- Games are your life: you work on them and relax with them
- Platinum Medical, Dental and Vision plans
- Flexible Work Schedule
- Flexible PTO
- Stock Option Participation
About the Last Gameboard, Inc.
In 2018, avid tabletop gamer Shail Mehta had a vision for the future of tabletop gaming: 1) a commitment to building player and creator community 2) an obsession with great User Experience (UX) and 3) a fanatical focus on data security. It is through these lenses that Gameboard was forged - the worldʼs first "all you can play" tabletop gaming platform that blends physical, digital, private screen and augmented reality to modernize your gameplay.