Type Of Hire :
Experienced (relevant combo of work and education)
Education Desired :
Bachelor of Computer Engineering
Travel Percentage :
Who Are We:
FIS connects consumers to their money through leading-edge payments solutions. We’re the development engine of FIS: the largest, Fortune 500, Fintech company in the world. Our solution is branded by our customers — banks and retailers — so you might not have heard of us. But, if you’ve used a mobile banking app, interacted with an ATM, or used a debit card to complete a financial transaction, you’re most likely using FIS software. Our product is one that touches the average consumer on a regular basis, and makes the financial world go ‘round. Headquartered in Jacksonville, Florida, FIS serves more than 20,000 clients in over 130 countries, and our technology powers billions of transactions annually that move over $9 trillion around the globe. FIS is a Fortune 500 company, ranked 392 on the Fortune 500 list and is a member of Standard & Poor’s 500® Index. Named a 2016 “World’s Most Admired Company” by Fortune Magazine.
About the team:
The Intelligent Automation team is driving a transformational journey across the Client Engagement division. We have a clear focus on enhancing operational efficiency and improving customer satisfaction through automation, enabling self-service, and accelerating digitization efforts across employee and client touchpoints. We use the right tool to solve high impact problems, building intelligent solutions through hybrid AI/ML and traditional RPA frameworks.
FIS is looking for a UI/Python Developer on the Intelligent Automation team - someone who is interested in working in a dynamic environment with a strong focus on technology transformation and software development. This is a Career level professional role. Proficient in at least two higher-level programming languages and knowledge of at least one systems development life cycle model. Understands the products, services, practices, regulations and operations associated with the assigned line of business. Conducts detailed analyses of all defined systems specifications for changes in systems requirements, business requirements or equipment configurations, and develops all levels of logic flow charts. Develops and prepares moderately complex computer programs, prepares program test data, tests and debugs programs. Documents all procedures used throughout the computer program when it is formally established. Receives general supervision and is competent in most phases of programming to work on own, and requires only some general direction for the balance of the activities. May assist and help train entry level software engineers. Typically requires five or more years software engineering work experience.
General Duties & Responsibilities:
- Development and delivery of world class technology solutions in the Intelligent Automation space using a modern agile software development approach.
- Build user-focused solutions that are simple, elegant and maintainable.
- Delivery of assigned development tasks for Intelligent Automation projects.
- Adherence to defined development processes including design/code reviews, unit testing, security scans.
- Complete ownership of assigned tasks, proactive approach to ensuring that deliveries are on time and with a high level of quality.
- Out-of-the box thinking regarding technology solutions.
- Regular reporting of progress regarding assigned tasks, flagging risks early and resolving them quickly.
A Bachelor’s degree in computer science or information systems or the equivalent combination of education, training, or work experience.
- Self-motivated, proactive, and an out-of-the-box thinker, demonstrating high levels of initiative and integrity.
- Brings a technical foundation with strong people management, process management and leadership skills
- Always curious and has the intellectual agility to learn quickly, adapt to change and enjoy tackling challenges.
- At least 5 to 7 years of industry experience with a strong background in design and delivery of enterprise applications.
- Excellent background of enterprise design and architecture with key focus on areas that include scalability, performance and security.
- Strong fundamentals and hands-on experience with one of the following:
- UI development using JS frameworks such as Angular/React etc.
- C# and .NET
- Exposure to web-based user interface development using HTML5, CSS3 and a standard UI-development framework such as Angular, React etc. would be a nice to have.
- Familiarity with database concepts and experience with a relational database (MSSQL, Oracle) or NoSQL platforms would be a positive as well.
- Ability and willingness to work across multiple tools, frameworks and technology stacks.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with an ability to break down complex problems.
- Very high energy levels, demonstrating the attitude and drive to take on more, do more and be more. Also bringing with them a high degree of flexibility and adaptability.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills, ability to execute effectively within a team.
- Prior experience with developing automation solutions is desirable but not mandatory.
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects personal information online, please see the Online Privacy Notice.
FIS is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here supplement document available here
For positions located in the US, the following conditions apply. If you are made a conditional offer of employment, you will be required to undergo a drug test. ADA Disclaimer: In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
Recruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.