UI Full Stack Software Engineer Specialist - Java/Angular at FIS
Position Type :
Type Of Hire :
Experienced (relevant combo of work and education)
Education Desired :
Bachelor of Computer Engineering
Travel Percentage :
Are you curious, motivated, and forward-thinking? At FIS you’ll have the opportunity to work on some of the most challenging and relevant issues in financial services and technology. Our talented people empower us, and we believe in being part of a team that is open, collaborative, entrepreneurial, passionate and above all fun.
About the team:
Digital One team is focused on developing a digital banking solution that will provide our clients with a best-in-class solution that crosses multiple platforms and channels. We work in an Agile environment, focused on collaborative efforts to drive solutions.
What you will be doing:
Advanced professional role and develops large and/or complex solutions that require analysis and research. Works on multiple projects as a project leader or frequently as the subject matter expert. Works on projects/issues of medium to high complexity that require demonstrated knowledge across multiple technical areas and business segments. Coaches and mentors junior technical staff, works under minimal supervision on complex projects and wide latitude for independent judgment. Typically requires 7+ years of demonstrated applications development experience.
Design, code, test, implement, maintain and support applications software that is delivered on time and within budget. Work closely with product management, architecture, Business analysts and other team members to understand requirements that drive analysis and design of quality technical solutions ensuring alignment with business and IT strategies and complying with FIS architectural standards.
• Lead or participate in identifying and documenting technical tasks for a sprint and creating corresponding effort estimates.
• Develops program logic for new applications or analyzes and modifies logic in existing applications.
• Codes, tests, debugs, documents, implements and maintains software applications.
• Maintains, tests and integrates application components.
• Makes recommendations towards the development of new code or reuse of existing code.
• Strong understanding of web based n-tier platform architectural, modular components interaction, and integration practices and patterns, and ensures they are followed throughout development.
• Writes technical specifications and other forms of documentation.
What you bring:
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills to technical and non-technical audiences of various levels in the organization, e.g., executive, management, individual contributors
• Willingly shares relevant technical and/or industry knowledge and expertise to other resources
• Excellent problem-solving, team and time management skills
• Is resourceful and proactive in gathering information and sharing ideas
• Ability to work collaboratively with others to achieve the company and project goals
Added bonus if you have:
- Experience with Hybrid framework such as cordova/phonegap desired
- Experience with web security and caching.
- Knowledge of continuous integration and delivery, dockers, openshift, ansible and spring boot
- Knowledge of financial services industry
- Experience with prototyping code and/or tools
What we offer you:
- A multifaceted job with a high degree of responsibility and a broad spectrum of opportunities
- The chance to work on some of the most challenging, relevant issues in financial services & technology
- A work environment built on collaboration, flexibility and respect
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects personal information online, please see the Online Privacy Notice.
FIS is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here supplement document available here
For positions located in the US, the following conditions apply. If you are made a conditional offer of employment, you will be required to undergo a drug test. ADA Disclaimer: In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
Recruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.