Test Automation Engineer at Angi
Angi® is the home for everything home. From repairs and renovations to products and financing, Angi is transforming every touch point in home services. With over 25 years of experience and a network of nearly 250,000 pros, we have helped more than 150 million people with their home needs. Our products and technology help our customers love where they live while helping small businesses grow and thrive. We believe the home is the most important place on earth and we are at the beginning of our ambitious journey to redefine how people care for their homes - join us!
About the Team:
We are seeking an eager and driven Test Automation Engineer to join our dedicated and passionate software delivery teams! Come join and build a team committed to building, designing and implementing robust systems for catching software bugs automatically before they reach our 100M+ customers.
Every application you work on will directly impact the quality and performance of how our homeowners and service professionals connect and communicate. You will be a part of a software delivery team and will be responsible for test planning and execution, writing automated test cases and scripts, building automated regression coverage, and performing manual exploratory testing for feature delivery.
What You'll Do:
- Bring a quality mindset to the collaborative definition and refinement of features
- Collaborate with product owners and developers to design or improve features for testability
- Design, build, and maintain effective test strategies based on business requirements
- Perform exploratory testing of new features
- Automate tests to ensure consistency and reliability, and accelerate product delivery
- Execute feature and regression test strategies and analyze and document results
- Collaborate with your team on assessing feature and defect risks and priorities
- Help to set quality standards for the team
Who You Are:
- You’re a smart, outcome-oriented individual who takes initiative and ownership
- You strive to raise the bar on quality for our homeowners and service professionals
- You champion automation to enable inventive and more efficient ways to do things
- You possess drive, positivity, curiosity, and a willingness to make mistakes and learn from them
- You can thrive and deliver in a fast-paced, innovative and creative environment
- Experience working directly with development team in an Agile environment
- Extensive experience developing test plans from user story requirements
- Familiarity and working knowledge of common open-source automation frameworks (e.g. Mocha, WebDriverIO, Cypress, JUnit, Spock)
- Experience using git-based version control systems
- At least 2 years’ experience testing web applications with automation tools
- API testing experience with Postman or similar tools
- Knowledge of web and mobile technologies
- Experience with BDD frameworks like Cucumber, SpecFlow, behave, or Lettuce
- Experience writing SQL to query databases
- CI experience to enable automated test execution with tools like Jenkins, TravisCI, or GitlabCI
Compensation & Benefits:
- The salary band for this position ranges from $65,000 - $100,000, commensurate with experience and performance. Compensation may vary based on factors such as cost of living.
- This position will be eligible for a competitive year end performance bonus & equity package.
- Full medical, dental, vision package to fit your needs
- Flexible vacation policy; work hard and take time when you need it
- Pet discount plans & retirement plan with company match (401K)
- The rare opportunity to work with sharp, motivated teammates solving some of the most unique challenges and changing the world