Test Automation Engineer
What you'll do
Billtrust is seeking a Software Engineer in Test (Test Automation Engineer) to design, code and maintain test automation frameworks and test automation infrastructure for our multitenant, web-based CashApplication platform along with our next-generation Quantum platform. You will need to be collaborative and influential across our Agile team, working closely with Dev, DevOps, Quality Engineering and Product to automate testing, optimize our tooling, ensure test suites are robust & reusable, and improve overall quality of what we deliver. If you possess a “no manual test execution” mindset and are interested in gaining production experience in microservices, event-driven architecture and public cloud, please apply.
- Collaborate with Agile teams from the start of a sprint to deliver best-in-class technical solutions for our CashApp and Quantum platforms
- Identify defect-prone areas in product and platform architecture and design and provide test coverage
- Contribute to our growing test automation framework and infrastructure, and automate UI and API tests
- Design and implement tools and techniques supporting robust automation for web applications and utilize automation for deployment and running test suites
- Monitor automation processes and follow up on results/defects
- Write and/or modify SQL queries to perform database validations
- Partner with DevOps and other teams to mature our Continuous Integration (CI) pipeline
- Produce documentation for automated frameworks and cross-train others
What you'll bring to the team
- An attitude where no technical challenge is too great
- Strong ability to create and design test automation and test infrastructure – 3+ years in a Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET) or Automation Engineer capacity ideal
- Ability to collaborate cross-functionally and work well in a distributed team-oriented environment
- Skilled with a variety of languages, frameworks and tools for REST API and UI test automation, such as C#, Angular, Node.js, Protractor, Selenium Webdriver, Postman and/or Newman
- Proven ability to write automated test scripts to verify data structures, data formats and data values
- Demonstrated ability to create and execute SQL queries
- DevOps mindset with a firm understanding of CI/CD practices and tooling
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain code repositories, preferably using Git/GitLab
- Experience with Azure or Amazon Web Services (AWS) preferred
- Experience with some of the following nice-to-have: Terraform, Appium, Snowflake, AppDynamics, JMeter/Blazemeter
- Experience in a SaaS, B2B, online payments, software or product-centric business preferred
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science or similar (or equivalent experience)
What you'll get
- Competitive salary, stock options and 401(k) with company match: We appreciate our employees and we make sure they know it.
- Benefits: We offer full-time employees multiple healthcare packages, including free and low cost options.
- Open PTO: Work-life balance is important. We believe in giving our employees time to truly relax and recharge.
- Paid Parental Leave: To keep our employees and their families healthy.
- A Lively Culture: Ping-pong, bean bag toss, hackathons - We enjoy friendly competition.
- Casual Dress: Every day is “Casual Friday," we want you to be comfortable when you come to work.
- Minimal Bureaucracy: An entrepreneurial environment of ownership and accountability allows you to get work done.
- Convenience: Our office is conveniently located just east of downtown Denver several miles from the Denver International Airport.
Who we are
Billtrust is the best-in-class provider of Payment Cycle Management and accounts receivable solutions, helping businesses accelerate Invoice-to-Cash. We provide a flexible, automated, cloud-based product portfolio that meets diverse buyer requirements and speeds cash application through tailored invoice delivery, secure multi-channel payment enablement, and intelligent matching and payment posting. Our platforms process $15B+ annually and help companies like Kraft Foods, New Balance Athletics and Ferguson Enterprises get paid faster and more efficiently. For the past 17 years, we have achieved remarkable success with year-over-year growth and we attribute that growth to our people and culture - We encourage employees to have autonomy, think creatively, share ideas – even with our CEO – and to challenge the status quo every day without a lot of red tape.
Billtrust: Work Hard. Have Fun. Make History.