Telephone Ops Engineer III at Spectrum (Greater Denver Area, CO)
Under minimal supervision, responsible for managing the Voice Core switching and routing platforms deployed by the company. Specifically responsible for performing or providing support for the following functional areas: Operations, Administration, Maintenance, and Provisioning. Switches may be Constant Bit Rate (CBR)/ Time Division Multiplexed (TDM) or packet based such as Voice Over IP soft switches. Able to resolve the vast majority of telephony network trouble tickets without assistance. Provides troubleshooting assistance to entry level & mid-level switch engineers. Able to direct the trouble shooting efforts during major outages.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Evaluates, coordinates, and supports all core telephony equipment activity including hardware and software upgrades and maintenance. Supported voice core platforms include Nokia IMS, Metaswitch CFS/ISUMG, Session Border Controllers, Sonus/Ribbon tandem components, Broadsoft Network and Application Servers, Nokia ALU/CTS, Nokia hiQ, and multiple Media Server platforms.
- Demonstrates IP knowledge, L2, L3, TCP, UDP and telephony equivalents. Ability to troubleshoot IP connectivity issues.
- Configures and troubleshoots SS7, ISUP, and SIP unassisted. Assists and coordinates the efforts of other TOE I/II in configuring and troubleshooting SS7, ISUP, and SIP.
- Follows established guidelines for telephone network daily health check procedures and determines call out protocols during outage situations.
- Prepares detailed RCA documentation as a post mortem for critical outages.
- Creates mops for other TOE's to implement. Reviews and guides other TOE's in mop creation and implementation.
- Assumes a leadership role during major outages, coordinating not only within the Telephony group but between functional areas.
- Assumes a leadership role in all Residential and Business telephony issues, coordinating not only within the Telephony group but between functional areas.
- Documents and assists other TOE's with documenting switch and telephone network architecture.
- Performs other duties as requested by supervisor.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or related field, and / or equivalent work experience
- Minimum five (5) years of experience with wireline, wireless, or broadband telephony
- Minimum three (3) years of Data network experience
- Advanced knowledge of related industry specifications and standards IEEE, ANSI, Physical Media (Multimode Fiber, Single-mode Fiber, UTP, etc.), bridging, switching, routing, Ethernet and transport technologies and protocols
- Experience with network design, network architecture, protocols and network topology
- TCP/IP and the OSI Model
- Experience in network devices and basic network appliances
- Ability to perform duties in a very fast pace environment and ability to learn new technology quickly
- Knowledge of company products and services
- Industry and vendor specific certifications and training (Cisco, Nokia, Metaswitch, Alcatel-Lucent, etc.)
- Office Environment
Here, employees don't just have jobs, they build careers. That's why we believe in offering a comprehensive pay and benefits package that rewards employees for their contributions to our success, supports all aspects of their well-being, and delivers real value at every stage of life.
The pay for this position has a salary range of $76,800.00 to $135,800.00. The actual salary offer will carefully consider a wide range of factors, including your skills, qualifications, experience and location. Also, certain positions are eligible for additional forms of compensation such as bonuses.