Telephone Ops Engineer II at Spectrum (Greater Denver Area, CO)
Provides support for the following functional areas: Operations, Administration, Maintenance, and Provisioning. Switches may be Constant Bit Rate (CBR), Time Division Multiplexed (TDM) or packet based such as Voice over IP (VoIP) soft switches.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for managing the Voice Core switching and routing platforms deployed by the company.
- Also responsible for performing or providing support for the following functional areas: Operations, Administration, Maintenance, and Provisioning. Switches may be Constant Bit Rate (CBR), Time Division Multiplexed (TDM) or packet based such as Voice over IP (VoIP) soft switches.
- Provides troubleshooting assistance to entry level & mid-level switch engineers.
- Evaluates, coordinates, and supports all core telephony equipment activity including hardware and software upgrades and maintenances. Supported voice core platforms include Nokia IMS, Metaswitch CFS/ISUMG, Session Border Controllers, Sonus/Ribbon tandem components, Broadsoft Network and Application Servers, Nokia ALU/CTS, Nokia hiQ, and multiple Media Server platforms.
- . Ability to troubleshoot IP connectivity issues.
- Configures and troubleshoots TDM, SS7, ISUP, and SIP unassisted. Assists and coordinates the efforts of other TOE I/II in configuring and troubleshooting TDM, SS7, ISUP, and SIP.
- Follows established guidelines for telephone network daily health check procedures and determines call out protocols during outage situations.
- Prepares detailed RCA documentation as a post mortem for critical outages.
- Creates MOP documents for other TOEs to implement. Reviews and guides other TOEs in MOP creation, management and implementation.
- Resolves the majority of telephony network trouble tickets without assistance
- Able to direct the trouble shooting efforts during major voice service outages.
- Documents and assists other TOEs with documenting switch and telephone network architecture.
- Assumes a leadership role in all Residential and Business telephony issues, coordinating not only within the Telephony group but between functional areas.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or related field, and / or equivalent work experience
- Minimum five (5) years of experience with wireline, wireless, or broadband telephony
- Minimum three (3) years of Data network experience
- Must be willing to work Sunday- Wednesday 6AM-4:30PM
- Advanced knowledge of related industry specifications and standards IEEE, ANSI, Physical Media (Multimode Fiber, Single-mode Fiber, UTP, etc.), bridging, switching, routing, Ethernet and transport technologies and protocols
- Demonstrates IP knowledge, L2, L3, TCP, UDP and telephony equivalents
- Experience with network design, network architecture, protocols and network topology
- TCP/IP and the OSI Model
- Experience in network devices and basic network appliances
- Ability to perform duties in a very fast pace environment and ability to learn new technology quickly
- Knowledge of industry products and services
- Industry and vendor specific certifications and training (Cisco, Nokia, Metaswitch, Alcatel-Lucent, etc.)
- 24/7 Office Environment
Here, employees don't just have jobs, they build careers. That's why we believe in offering a comprehensive pay and benefits package that rewards employees for their contributions to our success, supports all aspects of their well-being, and delivers real value at every stage of life.
The pay for this position has a salary range of $73,100.00 to $116,700.00. The actual salary offer will carefully consider a wide range of factors, including your skills, qualifications, experience and location. Also, certain positions are eligible for additional forms of compensation such as bonuses.