Technical Support Engineer
Wowza Media Systems, the global leader in live video streaming technology, is looking for an individual to join a fast growing SaaS and software company that is at the center of video streaming industry. You will be working on the front edge of innovation with companies like NBC Universal, Harvard University, SpaceX, NASA, Facebook, and the International Olympics Committee. We have been in business since 2005, won numerous industry awards, and have products deployed in more than 170 countries. As a result, we are growing rapidly and building out our teams, services, and infrastructure.
We are seeking a Technical Support Engineer to provide technical assistance to help our users resolve problems through email, phone, chat and our forums. This role will report to the Sr. Manager of Technical Support and will be communicating and collaborating across multiple teams. This is an exciting opportunity for someone passionate about helping customers and who will thrive inside a fast-paced environment, creating compelling and competitive products with worldwide impact.
What you will be doing:
The successful candidate will join a global team of experience engineers resolving many user challenges concurrently. This position will be responsible for providing technical support in a timely manner for Wowza Media Systems products and services in numerous workflows, writing technical articles, developing server and client side code samples and troubleshooting customer code and work flows.
Experience we’d like you to have:
The ideal candidate will have experience in media streaming products and services, experience troubleshooting entire workflows including complex video delivery systems, networking issues and instructing customer at all skill levels how to setup streaming solutions.
- 3-5+ years related experience in the streaming industry
- Experience in providing external customer support in a Service Desk environment and working within a formal ticketing system; Zendesk a plus
- Ensuring all inbound issues are triaged and worked within the given SLA
- Real world deployment experience with live and on demand video / audio streaming, codecs, encoding technologies and media players
- Experience with networking and working knowledge of TCP, UDP, ICMP, bandwidth and latency
- Experience with server hardware including as but not limited to RAID, GPU’s and SSD
- Experience with different operating systems and virtualizations including as but not limited to Windows, Linus, OSX, VMWare, Xen
- Experience with streaming protocols such as RTMP (Flash), RTSP, Adobe HTTP Dynamic Streaming, Apple HTTP Live Streaming and Microsoft Smooth Streaming (Silverlight)
- Experience with other technologies such as Web Servers (HTTP), Databases (SQL), Cloud Based Services (AWS, Google)
- Desired experience managing and posting in public support forums
- Ability to work independently
- Excellent English verbal, written, organizational and interpersonal skills; other languages a plus
- Prior experience with Wowza products and services a plus
What we love about working for Wowza
- Million Dollar Views of the Mountains, Denver Metro, and Live Buffalo!
- Strong benefits package including Health, Dental, Life & Disability Insurance, PTO and 401k match
- An appetizing kitchen stocked with food and drinks…. dog treats too!
- The ability to work with amazing clients and partners such as ESPN, Walt Disney, Facebook, US Air Force, and Amazon
- Gym Discounts to satisfy that urge to move
- Spacious office with state of the art equipment
- Success based compensation that rewards performance!
This is a great opportunity to join an innovative, successful industry leader that is passionate about our customers and has a track record of delivering results.