Technical Operations Engineer
SpotX is the leading global video advertising platform that enables media owners and publishers to monetize premium content across desktop, mobile and connected TV devices.
Visit our About Us page to learn more.
Here at SpotX, we are seeking a talented Technical Operations Engineer who can contribute their technical and communication skills to our team located in Broomfield, CO. You’ll be technical support for Publishers and DSPs where you will work in a fast-paced but casual tech environment with highly talented peers. For this position we are looking for a motivated, detail-oriented individual who isn’t afraid to get their hands dirty troubleshooting and providing technical expertise. You will get to work closely with almost all departments in the company, including (but not limited to) our Supply Operations, Demand Operations, Engineering, and Business Development teams. This is a constantly growing team that adapts to what is needed in the company and in the industry, so you will need to be versatile and enjoy taking on new challenges.
Making an immediate impact:
- Provide technical guidance for the majority of publishers and DSPs
- Recommend new initiatives to improve client success
- Assist internal Operations teams with technical inquiries
- Maintain deep knowledge of SpotX technologies for both publishers and DSPs
- Triage, prioritize, categorize and resolve production impacting incidents
- Developing and organizing support documentation
- Handling issues in tickets via a ticketing system
- The direct line between Operations and Engineering
Needed SpotX’er talents:
- 1-2 years Adtech experience/knowledge
- 1-2 years technical support / troubleshooting experience
- Knowledge of VAST, VPAID, ad servers, DSPs, ad exchanges, and SSPs
- Programming experience in HTML, CSS, XML, Python, SQL
- Ability to translate technical details to any audience
- Experience in analyzing issues, distilling and communicating their relevant aspects
- Strong problem-solving/analytical skills, initiative, eagerness to learn, and ability to work independently within a team structure
- Experience using various web debugging tools, such as Charles, Firebug, Fiddler, Chrome tools, etc.
- Comfortable at a shell prompt (Unix/linux experience)
- Flexible personality - must be willing to handle additional responsibilities as assigned or required
Bonus SpotX’er talents:
- Experience working with online video, CTV apps, mobile apps
- Understanding of source control (i.e. GIT)
- Docker or other container platforms
- Work-life balance
- Unlimited PTO (work it out with your team first!), company closed from Christmas to New Years
- Work in a fun, casual team environment
- Benefits such as medical, dental, 401(k)