What we do:
Design, Develop, and host data rich, full featured, and high traffic web and mobile applications for financial institutions, brokerages, and media clients from all over the world. We leverage a combination of our mature .NET stack along with the latest and greatest the industry has to offer to deliver some of the fastest and most utilized applications in the financial industry.
What you'll do:
• Lead a team of developers who are building amazing web sites for some of the biggest names in the financial industry.
• Mentor developers of all levels, evangelizing your knowledge and best practices to colleagues.
• Take deep ownership and shape the future of your team and your applications.
• Work directly with clients to improve their current offerings in addition to conceptualizing new ways to engage with their clients.
Some other things we look for:
• A good sense of humor, eagerness to learn, and a drive to be successful.
• Experience working with the big data in a high-speed, high-availability environment.
• Background in the financial markets, economic theory, or statistics is a plus.
• Bachelors degree in IT, or relevant professional experience
How you'll do it:
• Use your experience in estimation and architecture to accurately size projects and choose approaches
• Satisfy your natural craving for problem solving by building proof-of-concepts and designing applications
• Tap into years of .NET and web experience to peer review code and pair program through tricky requirements
• You're smart and motivated enough to find a way, even if you don't know how yet
• You will help balance project timelines and team commitments in an exciting fast paced environment
Where we're going:
Hot on the heels of moving our service oriented architecture to the cloud and automating our deployments and configurations, we'll be rolling out new tools to our stack like Angular, React, and .NET Core. We are always on the lookout for ways to make our sites more secure, scalable, and fast. We are continuing to explore our wealth of new data sources outside of the financial markets to pioneer new market spaces like virtual and augmented reality.
It is the policy of IHS Markit to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, IHS Markit will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. We maintain a drug-free workplace. For candidates in the US, we are a participant in E-Verify (see link below).