Technical Lead Manager at BillGO
Bill payments are stuck in the past – BillGO is changing that.
A problem solver that likes being part of a team working closely to change the world of bill pay. You don’t want to be another cog in the wheel and are looking for the next big thing. Collaborating with team members and solving technical problems is your jam, and you’re a goal-getter that seeks to understand problems. You keep it casual and love a good whiteboard. Work is best when you can make meaningful contributions to a rapidly growing company.
BillGO is innovating past what exists today and has developed a payments engine that offers real-time payments, security and engagement to our customers. We’re nerds about payments and know our offering is like nothing else available in the marketplace today. We’ve signed contracts with several of the power-players in the payments industry and are experiencing exponential growth. Now, we’re expanding the team to support our ambitions of further disrupting the payments space.
Oh – and we <3 Slack, chocolate and going on adventures together. Sound like the type of company you’d swipe right on?
What’s in it for you? A competitive salary, ownership shares, fun and a fix for your sweet tooth:
- Pay and Benefits: We offer competitive pay and benefits, including PTO, holiday pay and free parking
- Tools: We provide the tools you need to do your best work
- Owner’s Club: You’ll be granted ownership shares (stock options) so you have real skin in the game
- Snacks and Drinks: We have a diverse selection of goodies
- Work / Life: We work hard, but also know you need a life outside BillGO
- Fun Environment: We’re a close-knit group that likes to make work fun – we have an open office and get together for activities like happy hour and hiking
We do ask that you are already local to Northern CO or willing to relocate.
Be part of a team that’s changing the status quo. Check out the deets:
For this role, we are looking for a motivated leader with a passion for software development to join our team. The Technical Lead Manager is a unique position that requires a broad technical background. Key factors for this position are not only technical aptitude, but also being a problem solver, continuous learner, self-starter and great collaborator. The ideal candidate will have experienced working in a fast-paced environment.
- Proactively lead and manage a development team, including work planning and delegation, process improvement, career mentoring, leadership guidance and performance management.
- Interact with other departments and internal users as part of development of the BillGO systems.
- Work with other developers to facilitate knowledge transfer and conduct code reviews, participates in pair programming; participates in technical design reviews and code reviews.
- Works with users to resolve technical issues and to provide implementation support.
- Lead productionization conversations around code, system, monitoring, alerting maturity, scalability
- Drive for complete automation of systems and processes to require no manual intervention
- Ensure continuous learning of engineering department for machine learning, process automation, and self-healing of systems and processes
- Lead a team of 5 - 15 engineers in supporting a major business unit
- Assist in defining architecture for integrations with disparate systems and code
- Performs other duties as assigned or needed.
- 3+ years of experience leading development teams.
- 5+ years of overall software development experience, full stack experience required.
- Knowledge of SOA, microservices, and/or RESTful design patterns.
- Fluency with a subset of Java, REST APIs, JSON, MySQL, .NET, NoSQL, Azure, AWS, GCP, UNIX, Linux, DOS
- Excellent communication skills.
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science or related major with strong academic record.
- Experience conceiving, implementing, executing robust test plans
- Experience with Open Source tools.
- Attention to detail
- Achieves goals in creative and effective ways.
- Willingness to work in a highly collaborative environment where the belief is that great ideas can come from anywhere. Candidates must be able to embrace this culture, foster idea generation, and work to cultivate the best ideas into an executable plan.
Recommended but not required:
- Experience with Payments a plus
- Experience with AWS, Azure, and Google are a plus
- Experience with critical high-volume systems
- Experience with scaling a hypergrowth company