Technical Director at NetApp
Are you data-driven? We at NetApp believe in the transformative power of data – to expand customer touchpoints, to foster greater innovation, and to optimize operations. We are designed for simplicity, optimized to protect, created to embrace future opportunity, and open to enrich choice. We are the data authority for hybrid cloud, and we are helping our customers realize the full potential of their data.
We’ve built a Data Fabric for a data-driven world – to simplify and integrate data management across the resources that are best for the business. With the Data Fabric, our customers can harness the power of cloud data services, build cloud infrastructures, and modernize storage through data management.
By building cloud infrastructures, customers get the scale and quality of service that modern applications require. Only NetApp can help organizations focus on the business at hand when they develop a zero-touch infrastructure that manages apps, data and services as one integrated resource supporting both public and private clouds.
NetApp is seeking a Technical Director for HCI and SF Management domain. This role would report directly to the Director of Engineering for the NetApp Hyperconverged Infrastructure (HCI), and the SolidFire AFA product line. The SolidFire team has delivered, and continues to develop, an Enterprise-Scale HCI product based on SolidFire’s proven all-flash storage technology. As a Technical Director of Software Engineering you hold the most senior position in the R & D function as an individual contributor. You provide strong leadership and a strategic consultative role to the organization as related to driving product development and strategy. As part of the Research and Development function, the overall focus of the group is on competitive market and customer requirements, technology advances, product quality, product cost and time-to-market. The Software Development function is responsible for enhancements to existing products as well as new product development.
- A major part of your responsibility will be to work on issues that impact development success or address future concepts, products or technologies.
- Develop and evangelize technical vision within the CIBU organization and extend NetApp’s IP portfolio
- Partner with product management to drive roadmap planning and prioritization discussions
- Ability to translate product requirements and challenges into a scalable and sustainable architecture influencing the technical direction
- Provide technical direction and guidance to engineering leadership and executive staff.
- Successfully solve strategic and product execution challenges.
- Align product direction by successfully recognizing relevant technology and industry trends
- Provide leadership, mentoring and guidance to senior technical staff members
- Successfully negotiate strategic and other issues which effect the business internally and externally.
- Must be a seasoned communicator and presenter.
- Maintain affiliations and relationships with academic and industry technical experts globally and serve as external spokesperson for the company.
- Strong understanding of Server and compute virtualization, hypervisors and virtual machine management.
- Knowledge of multiple hypervisor stacks, namely VMware and KVM
- Containers and OS virtualization – deep understanding of the container ecosystem with Docker and Kubernetes.
- Able to design complex microservices based architectures
- Proficiency with automating deployment, scaling, load balancing and management of containerized applications
- Good understanding of networking internals, L2 and L3 switching/routing, Virtual and Software Defined networking
- Strong concepts around Virtual Private Cloud, network security (IPSec/TLS)
- Knowledge of network congestion management and complex system management
Typically requires a minimum of 15 years of related experience with a Bachelor’s degree; or 12 years and a Master’s degree; or a PhD with 8 years experience; or equivalent experience.
So get ready to tap into the data visionary within, and join us as we accelerate digital transformation and empower our customers to change the world with data!
If you ask a NetApp employee why they work here, the answer is inevitably the same: the people. At NetApp, our culture is at the heart of what we do. We place importance in trust, integrity, teamwork, and caring above all else. NetApp is a place where people are empowered to make a difference. Empowered to innovate. Empowered to collaborate. Empowered to help ourselves and others be data-driven and change the world. We take care of each other, our customers, our partners, and our communities simply because it’s the right thing to do.
We work hard but also recognize the importance of work-life balance for our employees because what’s important to them is important to us! Recently we implemented Family First, which encourages employees to take paid time off to bond with a new child (through birth or adoption) or to care for a family member with a serious health condition. Our volunteer time off program is best in class, offering employees 40 hours of paid time off per year to donate their time with their favorite organizations. We provide comprehensive medical, dental, wellness and vision plans for you and your family. We offer educational assistance, legal services, and access to discounts and fitness centers. We also offer financial savings programs to help you plan for your future.
Join us and see what empowerment can do.